Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: blood in mucus in back of throat...scared please help.no cough, please help soon  (Read 52376 times)

Offline thatsme36

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I just moved from Florida to Wyoming about 6 weeks ago., a big change.  After a few weeks here I caught a little cold   Since then I feel like there is constant mucus in my throat.  I have no fever, and no cough, I just kind of pull the mucus up from my throat, and sometimes it is clear, but a lot of times it is yellow or green and thick.  A couple of times it had blood streaks in the thick green mucus.  It is small amounts  but I have it alot.  The blood freaked me out but I am not coughing it up, so I don't know where it is from.  It has been going on for about 2 weeks now but we have no insurance yet here.  I am a 37 year old female non smoker non drinker.  I am scared of lung cancer or something.  I had a endoscopy about 3 months ago so I am not worried about throat cancer (they check that right?)  No stuffy nose or any other symptoms....just pulling up bloody mucus from baCK OF THROAT.  mAYBE DRY AIR CAUSING BLOODY POST NASAL DRIP?  yET MY NOSE IS NOT STUFFY AT ALL....COULD IT BE CANCER......
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Blood could indicate an infection, I would consult an ENT physician to be on the safe side. An endoscopy should have picked
up throat cancer, if you had it.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline thatsme36

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
but could it be lung cancer or another cancer than?....I have NO other symptoms at all...I feel fine
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
I would doubt it was lung cancer. Only 10% of lung cancers are related to non smokers and they are mostly
caused by chemical exposure, etc. I would still consult a physician since it has persisted and it will give you peace
of mind.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Shea

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
but could it be lung cancer or another cancer than?....I have NO other symptoms at all...I feel fine

Trust me, if you had lung cancer (or any type of cancer), you wouldn't "feel fine." My aunt died of lung cancer last November, and it's no picnic. If you had cancer, you'd definitely know. Also, compared to a lot of other medical conditions, cancers are fairly easy to diagnose.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: