Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Racing Thoughts when i try to sleep  (Read 1279 times)

Offline liz0801

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Racing Thoughts when i try to sleep
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:20:33 AM »
It seems every night when i go to bed my mind races. i will stay up late, to the point my eyes burn, just so i can sleep, but as soon as my head hits the pillow, my head starts racing. All these random thoughts will pop into my head, or if i have stressor in my life, i will just obsess over and over about it. i will toss and turn for hours. i can lay down at 1am and still not get to sleep untill most nights 4 or 5 am. i have gotten so tired in the past when this happens that i end up sleepwalking and becoming narcaleptic. i was put on meds to help me sleep when that happened, but im no longer on them so im afraid that will start happening again. any tips for being able to fall asleep without these racing thoughts and stay asleep?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 162
    • Poke This Member
Re: Racing Thoughts when i try to sleep
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 06:05:48 AM »
The most common time for racing thoughts is at night. It is dark. It is silent. So we have to find something to replace that silence to begin with. Be it a radio with slow music on. To help take your mind off of yourself. I love radio scanners. Listening to the police and ambulance services. That's what I do have on at night. You find yourself more wrapped up with what is going on, on the radio scanner. Be it a car chase of whatever. So your mind is on that. That is the only trick I know. Something to take your thoughts away from yourself.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: