Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I feel like im in a complete panic mode....  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Tatianna

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
I feel like im in a complete panic mode....
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »

I have had on going anxiety for the past 8-10 years I think...Im 31 years old and have been on medications on and off over the past 6 years..Last April I decided to wean off of the meds because I was afraid of the damage it may have been doing to my body after all that time.
I was taking 150 of effexor and klonopin .5 when needed (sometimes I would take two whne really stressed).
I found that my liver function was up over the last couple of years of meds, my doctor told me she thought it was nothing to be concerned about and just a result of my liver working a little harder to clear the meds from my body.
For me, this was still a concern. I have done really well since April up until this January when I have had to undergo annual MRI.
First, Ive been really stressed lately waiting for some test results for this condition thats being monitered...its a serious condition but is treatable and has to be monitored closely...Its something that raises a great amount of concern. The wait here in Montreal for MRI results can be very long and waiting for results is the time in which I become the most anxious. IM due to get them on January 29....
This condition does cause symptoms but not the ones ive been experiencing over the past week.
Last week I woke up with numb pinky on my right hand...I have been experiencing some shoulder, arm, and elbow pain over the past month, I work on a computer all day and im thinking it may be because of this. This pinky numbness happened just in the morning and last about an hour max and them past but I started freaking out about it and obssessing...before long the top of my left foot was tingly and having a burny sensation. I do have lower back pain on this same side which I think is sciatic pain. Now the skin on leg on this same side feels like its burning in spots, it moves around from upper thigh, front and back, ankle, foot, two toes....sometimes it feels almost like something is covering the top of my foot and ankle and it becomes even more irratated when I have shoes on. I also have a picky feeling in my butt area on that side...could this be sciatica ?? Has anyone experienced these symptoms ?? Oh yes and that foot feels more cold and whne its cold the symptoms seem worse.
Im worrying about all kinds of things but Not MS for some reason...spinal tumour, circulation ? Blood clot ??
I thought I had got passed this but it just never really goes away this anxiety thing does it ??
All answers would be greatly appreciated right now.
Thanks for reading
T
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tatianna

• Poke This Member
Re: I feel like im in a complete panic mode....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
i just realized that i have so many spelling mistakes in my post, sorry about that....i must be loosing it more then i thought !!! :spineyes: :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline reece

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:52:49 PM »
tatianna -
i'm sorry you are in panic mode.  just remember that you ARE panicky so all those sensations are on hightened alert!

it just occured to me because i saw your post to Williamsmom about her HIV panic. you were so reasonable. Isn't it amazing that we can't reason with ourselves? But, when we post to each other, we are totally reasonable.  it's so ironic.

anyway, i bet your symptoms are sciatia because my friend has that and she has all kinds of weird pains.  she even had to wear some weird braces on her legs at night while she slept for awhile.

reece
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tatianna

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
thanks for your reply, much appreciated...
Your right, its so strange because when its someone else im absolutly certain they are fine but whne it comes to myself I always think the worst....
I guess if its not better in a couple of days Id best take a trip to the doctor.
Thank you
T
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tatianna

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »
I still have these two toes that feel numb but are not really and the burning prickly sensations down my right leg......Im freaking out...it seems to get better when im sleeping and start up again as soon as I start moving around in the morning...
I do have sciatic pain like I said before on this side, I keep thinking I have a tumour in my spine and Im not looking forward to going to the doctor..
Has anyone else had numbness that lasted for days or weeks ?? Especially in one leg or foot ??
All resposes will be greatly appreciated, Im afraid...
Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:30:06 PM »
I have had numbness in part of my left thigh on and off for 20 years or so. When I first
had the issue, I felt like cold water was being poured on the area, even though that
was not the case. I went to an orthopedic surgeon and he said that i had a nerve
wrapped around my pelvic area. He said I had two choices; live with it or get operated
on. Needless to say I have lived with it and am used to the sensation being there off and
on. Hope this answer helps.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Tatianna

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 09:01:12 AM »
hi Marc, thanks for taking time to answer me.

Im still freaking out and almost afraid to go to the doctor...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tatianna

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »
anyone on these symptoms ??
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyWoman

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 04:39:06 PM »
May I be nosy and ask what condition you have?

Sounds to me, like anxiety.  I think the two of us should have a chat..we sound alot alike!  I'm sure worrying over these tests isn't helping at all. :angry:
Bookmark and Share

Offline IamMS

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 07:24:18 AM »
hi tatianna, i have this burning thing too, nearly all the time, right now its in my right thigh and foot, and my left hand is tingling and cold... of course i think its ms cos iam consumed by this thought every minute of the day.. but i will tell you that i know neck strain can cause burning in the extremeties and back strain. think a bout how tense you are right now, if ur like me your shoulders are probably touching your ears! i would put it down to that too x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tatianna

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »
thank you for responding...

IamMS does your tingling sensations last for an extended period of time in the same leg or foot ??
Mine come and goes during the day, always in the same leg and foot though..
Bookmark and Share

Offline IamMS

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 03:03:25 PM »
yes i get burning on my right side and tingling on left, and its on and off but lasts for a few days, well, until i notice something worse and my focus is off it.. ive got it now in my calf and half way down my foot, but my backs hurting too, im tellin myself its my back so i dont do an ms freak out again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline wrdsilly

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 06:59:58 PM »
I bet this will resolve after you get your test results back....when I have to await medical results I am so tight and stressed I can't breath, and I hunch more at the computer, etc.  I also got tingling in one hand from the tension.  My money is on January 29 your symptoms start to disappear.
wrdsilly
Bookmark and Share

Tags: