Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Am i depressed or just lazy?  (Read 26188 times)

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Am i depressed or just lazy?
« on: December 27, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »
I'm not sure if i am just lazy or depressed.Theres so many times where ill stay in bed and watch TV.My doctors say i should walk or try to do something other than just lay around and think all day.I'm sure they all are right and i should get off my ass but i don't feel like it.Last year when i was feeling better i was never home and had a job,but maybe i got sick and I'm better now but i just lazy.I don't know i still feel like crap but :dazed: this cant be how I'm going to live my life,laying in bed all day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightOwl

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am i depressed or just lazy?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 05:41:13 PM »
Well being depressed can lead to being lazy, so I guess it can be both.  I am somewhat lazy all the time I guess, but when I am depressed I am much worse about it.  This year there were many periods where I was in bed huge amounts of time.
Bookmark and Share
I heard a little girl
And what she said was something beautiful
To give your love no matter what
Is what she said
My Friends - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Offline Josie

• Rec's: 0
  • Josie
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 10:13:05 AM »
I could also say both.  When we do get better, we forget how to move and do the things we used to do.  So we end up in bed, or taking naps through out the day.  When there is no energy, we can't seem to get our butts out of bed. 
My doctor told me that I NEED to exercise to get the energy that I need to get through the day.  I know I need to exercise, but I have no gumsion. 
If you are up for a challenge; go and take a walk around the block.  Take a friend with you.  Sometimes with a friend, we can push that extra block or that extra mile.  When you have things to chat about, it makes it easier. 
I'll match you for every block that you walk.  See how that goes.
Bookmark and Share
Josie

Offline aeydownlow

• Life is short
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 07:25:45 AM »
Since I found out I had GAD and Depression, I haven;t been going to work, aside from being scared that something might happen to me. I also lost interest in what I was doing. I felt like I was lazy and I feel like I just want to take a long break since I've been working for 4 straight years.

But sitting at home makes more depressed, I cry all the time. I feel like there's no way out, there's no way I caould go back to my old life which I had a couple of months ago. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Josie

• Josie
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
Working four years straight would Send me into GAD and depression.   You may need the break.  Just don't stay there.  You have to get up and move.  You don't have to stay home.  Go for short walks.  Go out on errands. 
You may be surprised and this could pass.  I am sure you'll find your way back into your own life.  It is up to you to get there.  Are you on any medications and/or therapy.  Both could really help you at this point.
Josie
Bookmark and Share
Josie

Offline aeydownlow

• Life is short
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »
thanks Josie that was helpful, I have been taking some meds which somehow is helping me, I don't feel that anxious anymore and I have been sleeping without the help of zolpidem. I'll be meeting again with my doctor soon so I hope it will really help me. SO farso good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mommy_2_4_babies

• Licensed Practical Nurse
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »
Hope that things get better for you aeydownlow I enjoy chattin with you :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Everyone wants to be happy nobody wants to be in pain, but you can't have a rainbow with out any rain

Offline Ymir

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »
I feel like this. I try to ignore it and do things but that just makes me stressed. It can't be fought. You're always operating at half fuel. Where the hell does that energy go?
Bookmark and Share

Offline tash

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
I feel like this. I try to ignore it and do things but that just makes me stressed. It can't be fought. You're always operating at half fuel. Where the hell does that energy go?

:yeahthat: my husband says "you can't be exausted all the time" but I am. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline pickledkittie

• There is a light that never goes out
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
I slept fifteen hours straight yesterday. The only interactions I had were in my dreams.
Bookmark and Share
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Offline Josie

• Josie
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »
I have been sleeping about 10-11 hours and still wake up tired with no energy.  I don't recall any dreams though.
My husband agrees that I can't be exhausted all the time, but I am.  I found that I have more energy while I am away from him.
Joanna
Bookmark and Share
Josie

Offline mommy_2_4_babies

• Licensed Practical Nurse
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 05:01:33 PM »
LOL I can really c ur point there Joanna :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Everyone wants to be happy nobody wants to be in pain, but you can't have a rainbow with out any rain

Tags: