Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Foggy cloudy head, disconnected feeling?  (Read 48029 times)

Offline zebra

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Foggy cloudy head, disconnected feeling?
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:34:08 AM »
Anybody ever have a foggy, cloudy head disconnected feeling?  It feels almost like I have a had a couple of drinks.

I hate searching on the internet and seeing that listed as a brain tumor symptom.

Thanks for any advice!
Bookmark and Share

Offline red

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Foggy cloudy head, disconnected feeling?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »
Hi there.

Firstly, STOP LOOKING ON THE NET!!  all that does is make our anxiety worse. I wont even watch any medical drama's anymore for fear of finding that one of the cast of ER has got a terrible illness and the same symptoms as me!! he he he.  Feeling disconected and not with it, almost a feeling of unreality is a clasic sypmtom of anxiety. I used to get it all the time. Of course you should still get a doctor's advice if your really concerned because it wont help if i just say, Dont worry.

Im sure your fine and i think as soon as you stop being scared of it, you will probably feel better.

Dont look up on the internet, it really makes things worse!!!

Emma x
Bookmark and Share

Offline peanut

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:03:46 AM »
I agree STOP GOOGLING!!!!
Those are classic symptoms of anxiety.  If you look in the main page of this web site you'll find a whole list of symptoms of anxiety.  Those two are listed.
I have had them myself and they staid for as long as I stressed about them
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jasonnp

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »
I've gotten that also, it's like depersonalization.  To me that is one of the worst symptoms of anxiety, it is what starts my ALS fear, because it makes me feel clumsy and then you start testing yourself constantly over and over and just end up hurting yourself, I'm in one of those loops now, I hope it gets better.

Don't worry though, getting that foggy feeling is common, just try to do something to take your mind off of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tiredandworried

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »
Yes, i get this plus i get some weirdness that the room is actually getting "darker" if that makes any sense at all. I totally feel like i am literally in another world. It has to be stress related but why it affects us in this way is a mystery to me
Bookmark and Share

Offline reginamicia

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 03:18:38 PM »
YES! I get that same feeling, that the room is getting darker, and almost a tunnel vision is setting in. I can not watch TV in the dark. At work I have the WORST set up, 4+ flourescent lights, ALL WHITE walls and a computer monitor to stare at. They said they will not move me to a cube with more natural light....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: