Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Deep Breath makes me Cough!!!!  (Read 9215 times)

Offline jennstar25

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Deep Breath makes me Cough!!!!
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »
So a couple days ago, I noticed that when I take a REALLY deep breath, I cough. So every time I took a breath, I would make it deep and cough. Dry cough, pretty much. So, I freak out...but carry on with my day. Today, I started coughing right after I ate and when I move around, it feels like there is something in my throat. I don't know what heartburn feels like, but I do know for about a week, it has felt like there is something stuck in my throat when I try to swallow. And, there is like a burn at the back of my throat, like where the food goes down.

Some people are saying it is probably acid reflux/GERD, but why would I cough? I am scared it is something way more serious....so now I am freaking out. AND on top of it all, I started a diet about 10 days ago and was really really strict and I lost like 4 1/2 pounds and now I am like wondering if that is why I lost the weight. ARGGGHHGHH.

I hate this feeling!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
The mind is a beautiful thing...no matter what it puts us through...

Offline ferdricko1

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Deep Breath makes me Cough!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:06 AM »
About 4 years ago I had a winter where I had a persistent cough.  I remember one of the things that could set it off was indeed a deep breath.  Once the winter passed, everything went back to normal and I was fine.  I would imagine you most likely have a minor cold or something, no big deal, but if it persists just go to a doctor and get it checked out.  That's a pretty safe thing to do with new symptoms and it will give you peace of mind. :)

On the subject of GERD, that could be the case as well.  (Again, the doc will know!)  It can cause a cough if the acid irritates the back of your throat.  My mom had a persistent cough and she just had a test to see how if that was it.  Turns out it was, so she got a new medication and within just a little bit of starting it the cough went away.  Easy fix :)  I'm sure yours will be too!  Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AChubbySquirrell

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Deep Breath makes me Cough!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:20:19 AM »
Its your lungs basically overdosing on oxygen so they have to get rid of some.
Bookmark and Share