Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone gone to Dr for Fever (achy) body feeling but no temp? What is it?!  (Read 19265 times)

Offline Wishingforcalm2

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I don't want to google...but this is really freaking me out.  Some times of the day (not at all times, but mostly at night and now it's the morning too) I feel like achy and almost like my skin hurts.  It feels the same as when you are first getting a fever.  Except I never get a fever, or a temperature. It's flipping me out, because I can't be sure what it is.  Has anyone ever gone to the doctor for this and been told what it is?  Or, like everything else, could it be anxiety?!? 
Thanks for any input.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline reece

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
it could be anxiety.

i have felt that way before. like i was getting a cold or something and it just never came on fully.
i think it can be allergies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mommabear

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I get this as well, my skin hurts to touch, feel feverish, overall crappy! For me it usually hits in the evening for some reason....... I think it is anxiety. Like reece said could be allergies too, they can make you feel crummy as well.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
It may be neuralgia, which is benign. My doctor once told me that aches and pains
can be due to stress and fatigue.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Itzomi

• Rec's: 12
  • PANIC DEVELOPMENT ENTHUSIAST
    • Poke This Member
I get this, too.  Odd thing is, my temp is almost always below normal!!  (Which is supposed to be a slow metabolism.) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rrc0581

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yep I get this too, particularly after a long stressful day and not sleeping well....mostly at night but it's happened in the morning too...interestingly enough if I take my temp when I feel this way it's actually a degree or 2 below normal, but yeah I think it's just from being tired, it definitely feels like a fever though...feel better soon :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline dazzadoo123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i get a lot of chills for no reason ect and my temp always is slightley just below normal dunno why think its just related to anxiety stress ect :-(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Wishingforcalm2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm so glad you guys get this too.  It's not a hot feeling at all, just the achy feeling of fever.  And my skin and body (mostly my legs) hurt to the touch too.  Sure enough, I took my temp, and it's like 97.  What the heck!?  I've been thinking so much about it that it's making the pain and discomfort worse.  I might head to the dr tomorrow, but I feel much better knowing you guys have experienced it. 
What is the neuralgia that you were talking about?  Is that something that can happen all over your body?  I thought it was one part where a nerve was pinched or something...
Bookmark and Share

Offline hizzy

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
this has been happening to me every few weeks for a few months.  i'll feel very feverish, but then take my temperature and find that it's below normal (usually between 97.6  and 98.2).  i've tried to notice a pattern, and it seems to happen most often when i've been very busy and stressed, accompanying exhaustion from work, life, anxiety, etc.  also, my environmental allergies have been AWFUL this year (most allergy sufferers have had a terrible year for allergies this year)...i've had congested sinuses and a sore throat off and on since march, so i think it may have something to do with that as well.

it may also help you to know that it's completely normal for your temperature to vary by as much as 1 degree throughout the day.  and a "normal" temperature of 98.6 is only really an average.  your personal normal may be a bit lower than 98.6, which is completely okay.  for example, i know my personal normal is 97.9.  so if i vary by half a degree and have a temperature of 98.4, i feel quite warm, although it's obviously not a fever.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
i'm not just a mental health counselor, i'm a mental health consumer, too!

Offline jj221

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
How old are you?  Could it be a hot flash?  they come in all sorts of varieties and can start as early as your mid 30's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Wishingforcalm2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm 34.  But I don't think it's a hot flash, because I don't feel hot.  The feverish feeling is just the achy feeling that makes me feel like my skin hurts....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: