Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: nerves are shot!! physical symptoms  (Read 5199 times)

Offline evwifey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
nerves are shot!! physical symptoms
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:52:34 PM »
this is awful.  i am not sure what to make of this, but i think because of my constant state of anxiety for the past few months, now my nerves are starting to get over sensitive.  you know that fingernail against the chalkboard feeling?  i have it all the time in my head, and hands.  sometimes even when i hit my hand against something, i feel a jolt go through my body.  this is driving me nuts. my left foot is so sensitive i can feel the threads in my socks.  it's the worst in my head.  i am still off balance but am learning to deal with it, but now this nerve sensitivity is constant.  the other day i was thinking to myself, " how can this still be happening to me?"  it's so depressing, and i want some relief.  has anyone ever felt this, and does it get better?  i am thinking of starting lexapro because at this point, nothing is helping me.  any suggestions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mstromgren

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: nerves are shot!! physical symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »
I felt this exact same way for months as well. I started citalopram (which is pretty close to lexapro) and within 2 months after starting the meds I feel MUCH better. It was really hard starting on SSRIs but my body really needed a break. Sorry you are feeling this way. -M
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:12:50 PM »
It's good that you're on a med - sometimes when you're hypersensitive, that's what it takes to get through it.  I've been where you are right now and it's horrible.  Everything is escalated ..... I took the med and it helped alot.  I'm not on meds now, but when I start having feelings like this and feel like everything is amped up, I know that it's most likely stress and then I manage my stress AND get some peace and quiet.  Hugs to you .....
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »
Yes, I have definitely had the over sensitive sensations and still do, but it has gone away in the past (only to return).  My doctor seems to feel it is anxiety related.  I noticed the last time it went away I was convinced it was a lower back issue, so I guess I felt it wasn't serious.  I think because I didn't feel it was anything sinister it just went away.  It is taking longer this time, but I'm working on it.  Doing things like yoga, meditation, reading self help books etc.  seems to help a bit.  I think you have to have faith it will disappear.  Also, as sixpack would say, try not to concentrate on the symptoms, get involved in a hobby etc... 

I really hope you feel well soon.  I know how depressing it can be to feel chronically off.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: