Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: tingling in my face  (Read 25935 times)

Offline xoandeexo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
tingling in my face
« on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »
So I have this weird tingling feeling all over my face, mostly my cheeks, I have felt this before and before I let it get blown into full blown anxiety, I thought I'd ask if anyone has experienced it. I only slept about 5 hours last night and didn't drink anything all day expect a cup of tea and a can of soda, I am sure that has something to do with it, but just wanted to put it out there. Also randomly I feel like it's in my legs and arms. My left hand has been tingling since yesterday, but I am going to say maybe I pulled something because if I extend my arm, the whole back of my elbow/arm hurts.  Thought?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soliss

• Rec's: 12
  • Overthinking...bad...
    • Poke This Member
Re: tingling in my face
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »
Likely just the anxiety.

But there could be some minor allergies triggering some of it.  Take an antihistimine...wait about 30 minutes...and then see if some of the sensation is gone.  If it is, you'll know there might be some allergen...

On top of some of my other minor health issues...I have 'allergic ears'...the inside skin of my ear canals will swell a bit...very disconcerting, and who knew?  But again, have had it for years...so certainly not an issue of any concern...
Bookmark and Share
When life gives you lemons, just make the damn lemonade and don't overthink it...

Offline xoandeexo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »
Thanks. I wish I knew what it was. Although I am proud of myself that my hand tingling isn't getting out of control, normally i'd be freaking, but I am just thinking it's a pull
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »
I've had various tingling episodes.  Much in my face.  Could be attributable to migraines and anxiety.

It's good that you're not getting yourself consumed by - with any luck, it will pass quickly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 02:14:42 AM »
So nice not to be alone!!! I've been having this as well, mostly in my cheeks and it freaks me out. My doctor thinks its related to allergies. I find what really helps is to ignore it as much as possible. And keep saying in your head this Is anxiety and it's not going to hurt me! Easier said then done but make yourself do it
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »
My sister in law gets the face tingling and her doctor said that it's a symptom of anxiety.  So it's probably the same in your case.  Just relax and try to think of something else.
Bookmark and Share

Offline devildoll

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 12:46:47 PM »
Since I have been diagnosed with anxiety I have experienced the face tingling, or in some cases face numbness. It did take a lot of time though to realize that it is just that, anxiety, and not some horrible symptom of impending illness. The most you can do against it is ignore it and not think about it. Whenever I dwell too much on the anxious thoughts related to it (like "oh my god, why is it tingling/numb?", "there must be something terribly wrong" and so on) it only gets worse, which sort of confirms the fact that it is just our mind playing tricks on us. So just try to brush it off. Easier said than done, but that's about the only thing you can do. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mattyj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 02:38:37 PM »
Yes me too. I feel flushed and tingly and it comes on randomly. .
If feels like a mini panic attack in my face but without other symptoms. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline moon70

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 07:01:04 AM »
I get the left side face tingling over the cheek and lip.  Dr says it is all realated to my anxiety.  I have to believe him.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ckbw

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 08:25:19 AM »
It will be nothing to worry about. I had facial numbness every day for months, had an MRI scan and saw a neurologist and turns out it was all anxiety. Also when I found something else to obsess about, it magically stopped happening!
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypomom

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »
During really stressful times I get the tingling in my face. Sometimes my hands and parts of my arms or legs tingle too. This too shall pass.........
Bookmark and Share

Tags: