Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: tight pressure feeling in head. so tired of this...  (Read 29675 times)

Offline evwifey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
tight pressure feeling in head. so tired of this...
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
so, the issues with my head linger on yet.  i have had an mri, which came back clean.  ok, so there is nothing serious going on with my brain.  but WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH MY HEAD?!!!!!!  i have written before that my occipital nerve appears to be irritated, according to my doc and chiropractor.  but why isn't it going away?  i have such a pressure feeling on the right side of my head, it wraps around my ear.   it even affects my teeth at times, although not so much today.  it makes me feel off balance.  i hate to go back to the doctors yet again, but can this really be just anxiety?  i don't feel quite so anxious anymore, but my head makes me feel awful.  day after day after day i wake up and have to deal with this crap.  it is actually making me more depressed now than anxious.  i feel weak and tired and don't know what to do.  it is affecting my marriage, and ruining my life.  who else can i turn to?  is there a doctor who specializes in heads?   i just want some relief.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nycmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: tight pressure feeling in head. so tired of this...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »
Hi ev,

I'm new, and I have pressure and tightness in my head too. It has been a nightmare. what I can tell you is I have been to 3 neuros and have had a lot of testing and everything has been fine! I get head pressure in the same place as you, I have had MRIs, MRAs, MRVs, MRI of brain and neck, neck x-ray, I was checked for cfs leak. Nothing. I think it is anxiety and I know how you feel, it feels horrible. Do you ever have moments when it is less or goes away? I do.

:)
nycmom
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allochka

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »
Hi,
When you are stressed out, your muscles in neck and shoulders would spazm, resulting in headaches or even dizziness. You should try massage or physically therapy.
You've had an MRI, it was clear- so everything is OK with your brain!
Good luck,
Alla
Bookmark and Share

Offline xoandeexo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
I have this feeling all the time! Plus like tickling in my temples, I've come to realize it's from the anxiety and being really dehydrated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline evwifey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
i usually get the tightness by mid morning.  when i wake up it is not there, but it shows up mid day.  some days are worse than others.  i guess for people without hypochondriasis it would just be bothersome, but i can't help but feel it is something worse.  i also have this weird "tuning fork"  vibrating sensation that runs up my head too.  that is probably due to the irritation of the occipital nerve, but i always have worse case scenarios running through my head.  it's hard for me to just rationalize it.  so i am sure the pressure is due to muscle tension, just don't know how to stop it!!!!  when i start to relax, when i can, it doesn't feel so bad.  but i don't know if it's due to me relaxing or not caring about it so much!  all i know is that this has been going on since december and it's getting real old real fast.  i have been to my doctor, physical therapist, therapist, chiropractor, had bloodwork and an mri.  they all say the same thing: anxiety.  ugggg... how i hate anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
I know headaches can be vexxing.  BUT stress causes them.  They just do.  When I"m  a stress monkey, I get some humdingers of headaches.  I'll take advil after advil to no availe.  That pretty much tells me I'm stressed out and so is my bod---which causes all kinds of tension in nerves and muscles.  You know tense nerves and muscles will cause headaches.

once you get your anxiety and/or stress under control, you'll start feeling better.  But, honey, the more you fret and try to fight the headache or hunt high/lo to rid yourself of it, the symptoms just won't let up and will likely get worse or morph into a new symptom.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: