Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Persistent blood in one nostril, but not really a nosebleed!  (Read 61935 times)

Offline rosslyn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Persistent blood in one nostril, but not really a nosebleed!
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:59:33 AM »
For the past month I've been getting blood in my left nostril (and only in my left nostril), not a lot, I don't think they can be called nosebleeds even, seeing that they do not flow or drip out of my nose. Basically when I blow my nose, I notice blood on the tissue, sometimes more than others. When I stick a tissue up my nose, sometimes I'll see blood, sometimes I won't. It happens in mornings and can recur during the day as well. Sometimes when I blow my nose for the first time, it's all clear, but the second time has blood. Or maybe nothing when I blow, but there is blood when I stick a tissue up there, or vice versa.

I've asked a couple of ENT surgeons and they say it's caused by my allergic sinusitis. Though I did start getting it when I had a bad attack a few weeks back, it's just not getting better. And I live in a constantly humid climate - though I use indoor heating occasionally, air humidity around me is constantly around 70%, so I'm not sure how much dry air accounts for it...

Basically I'm asking if anyone else has had experience of similar things? I call it persistent, but it really is come and go, and surprisingly, when I had a cold and had bad sinus problems with runny and blocked nose, no blood showed up for a week. Now that I'm better, it's back again. So frustrating!

Thanks again for listening :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jeannddp

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Persistent blood in one nostril, but not really a nosebleed!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »
Yes, nearly every morn I wake up with a dry nose and my left nostril also bleeds ever so slightly. I do not pay too much mind to it. I have heat up in the house including during the night so that's what I believe causes it. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Ask other family members in the house if they're having the same issue, I bet they are. My hubby is also experiencing the same thing.

Jeanne
Bookmark and Share

Offline mantooth

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:57:22 AM »
Try sleeping with a humidifier going. My brother got nosebleeds all the time as a kid and that helped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »
The time of year, the conditions in your house, sinus and drainage issues, etc., could be the
causes. If the ENT's said you are OK, then you are OK as this is their specialty.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Amberjake12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:59:19 AM »
Hi rosslyn... I'm having the same issue... I do think it's my sinuses, but it's still scaring me. I also have a lot of mucous in my nose in the mornings (not congested really, but some boogers!!!) I've also been hvig weird daily headaches on an off, which also scares the crapt out of me... I know you will be just fine... Im sure it's sinuses, now if I can convince myself of the same...
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »
Yes every morning I have congestion. Always been the case since I can remember- I am 31. Often there will be a bit of blood.

For a few weeks there I kept irritiating my nose and making inflamed inside, so when I was blowing it in the morning I would get a tissue full of blood!! I left it alone for a couple of days and back to normal now. When I blew it this morning no blood.

Its just the weather and if you are a particularly sinus's person, which I am and have always been!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Amberjake12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 11:36:13 AM »
Hey hamsterswheel... Could you do me a favor and read my post about "head symptoms"... I'd love to hear if you think my stuff is sinus related... I would really appreciate it... I don't really remember suffering terribly from sinuses before but my mom does terribly... Just your input would be awesome... Thanks so much...
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »
Oh my gosh - I went through this a few years ago.  It started with a noseblood out in public, which was totally embarrassing.  All I could think of was these people must think I snort cocaine or something! LOL

Anyway, my nose bleeds pretty regularly.  I can spit up blood, too.  Of course that got me all worked up until I learned that the sinuses were draining from my dry, bloody nose into my throat and that was that.

My gosh - it's incredible to think how worked up we get over this stuff!

I used a solution of water, table (iodized salt) and a pinch of baking soda and put into nasal spray bottles.  You can use a Neti pot, too. I clean my nose with this saline solution every day.  Sometimes when it's dry, I so it morning and night and it helps alot!
Bookmark and Share

Online vardnas

• Rec's: 84
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »
I get this all the time, too. I think it's just nostril irritation or when you blow your nose, you accidentally blow out scabs and it causes bleeding. Kinda gross, but harmless, methinks.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline rosslyn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »
Oh thanks everyone, so good to know I'm not alone :) The only reason I was a bit paranoid was because none of the ENTs tried to examine me properly aside from looking into my nose with a mirror/light, so I was wondering how they could tell why my nose was bleeding a little. One of them did say, "you can get a CT if you want", but told me it was unnecessary, so I thought, forget it.

Anyway, hope everyone's noses feel better. And Amber, yes I get funny small headaches too, are yours in the back of your head, kind feels squeezy, slightly pounding, made worse when you cough and bend your head forward? or when you feel some funny feeling in your nose, it hurts too? I think it's sinus related, also just a vessel spasm. Should get better on its own.

It's so good to know we are not alone out there. Sometimes it can feel really scary if we think we are the only ones with the symptoms, right?  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: