Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: itchy freckle?  (Read 13552 times)

Offline Zoie83

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
itchy freckle?
« on: January 02, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »
Hey there.  This is my first post.  I have been reading through other posts and I find this website very helpful in calming my HA.  So thank you all for that.....but here is my question

I have an itchy freckle/mole on my rib cage/stomach area that in the last few days has become itchy.  The freckle/mole has been there for as long as I can remember, but now is just starting to itch.  Yes, it is a little raised.  Yes, it is a little red around it.  But I am assuming that it is because I itched it.

I am not sure if it has changed color.  It has always been a dark brown color, as are all the freckles/moles I have. 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  Of course when I go to the internet it tells me I have cancer, so just looking for some ideas.  I am planning on going to my doc, but I have no health insurance right now, so we all know that can get pricey.

Thanks in advance!

Z
Bookmark and Share

Offline kindablue

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: itchy freckle?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 04:00:31 PM »
Might be just a pimple or an ingrown hair causing it to get red and to itch.  My girlfriend's dermatologist says they really try and keep track of ones that grow and ones that are asymmetrical. 

You should have it looked at though, not because I think it's worrisome, but a dermatologist could recommend a cream to use or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissFreaky

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
I am covered in freckles.   every once in a while.....i get the same symptoms with one particular freckle or mole.  and it gets raised and a bit red..... then it goes away, and has never developed into anything else.   try to leave it be, and keep an eye on it.  I think you will be just fine  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Zoie83

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »
thanks both of you for responding.

I am going to try to put some lotion on it.  I get super dry skin in the winter, but just seems strange it is a freckle that is specifically itching.  Thanks for the tips!

Z
Bookmark and Share

Offline janehathaway

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
My moles itch in the winter sometimes.  I have one that started bleeding last night.  I freaked out for a second and then realized that my derm had just looked at everything a few months ago.  I'm terrified of melanoma so I go in for a full body check twice a year.  He told me I could do that instead of doing monthly checks on myself (because I ALWAYS see something wonky and freak myself out really bad).  You are probably fine.  I have tons of pretty crazy looking moles.  Just had a biopsy on a really weird looking one that was itching and it was totally benign (even though I was already planning my funeral).  I do suggest going to a derm yearly anyway for peace of mind.  Also, I think we only have about a 2% chance of getting melanoma in our entire lives.  That's pretty small if it makes you feel any better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Zoie83

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »
that makes me feel much better!  Thanks!  :sign0092:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: