Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: pain deep in left side of chest under breast  (Read 8424 times)

Offline MissFreaky

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
pain deep in left side of chest under breast
« on: December 27, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
Hi all, I would really like somebody to let me know if they understand what I am going thru.
I have GERD and have been taking PPI's for a couple of years.  still, even tho I take meds, it will sometimes flare up a bit.
the last couple of months I have noticed a discomfort/pain which i describe as follows:   deep inside my chest, under left breast, near to my esophagus.  It is not in my stomach.  I will feel the pain if I bend over or if I twist my upper body or if I cough a lot.  I don't get the pain if I breath deep but sometimes when I exhale forcefully or when I'm relaxing I may feel it a bit.  REcently I have been coughing a lot cuz I have a cold.  so I guess I am feeling it more.   can anybody relate to this?  or does anybody think it is something more serious?  of course I am thinking I have esophagus cancer or lung cancer or something.   any words of support would be greatly appreciated :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline firebird3428

• I will overcome this some day!
    • Poke This Member
Re: pain deep in left side of chest under breast
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:35:10 PM »
I get something like that sometimes I have GERD and a hiatal hernia so air sometimes gets stuck there and it causes A LOT of discomfort!!! It scared me so many times i went to the ER for it and they said there was nothing wrong probably acid reflux that's hurting bad!
Bookmark and Share
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline lilmsflynn

• Rec's: 3
  • Just remember to keep breathing...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »
Hi I too am feeling pain as you describe however it is also radiating to my left shoulder. I was wondering if it could be possibly be from a hernia? It can be excruciating.when I bend like something rolled up under my rib perhaps and gets stuck. Have u spoke to your gp? I'm going back tomorrow as it's been getting worse and it is making me crazy anxious . X
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissFreaky

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
I have not yet spoken to my GP about this feeling I am getting now.  I am waiting it out a bit.   I hate going to the doctors!    I am going to wait until after the holidays and see how I feel.  thank you for your replies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kindablue

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
I wouldn't be too anxious about this, though it's good that you're seeing your doc.

So many people have chest pain on here and in the posts that I've read (quite a few as my HA cycle started with this symptom) no one has ever gone to the doctor and been told that it's their heart. 

I still have no idea what causes mine.  I thought for sure at first it was gas, but what I ate didn't seem to affect it.  Then I thought GERD, but I've felt heartburn before and it wasn't like this.  I also didn't feel any acid burn in my throat.  Then it came and went.  Then I thought Costochondritis, but I can excercise my chest without feeling any pain.

Then I went on vacation for two weeks to a spa.  Do you know how many chest pains I had?  Zero.  I forgot what they felt like.  The minute I got on the plane to go home, they returned.  So as hard as it is for me to believe that it was panic/anxiety, this little experiment seems to have proven it.  I wish you the best, but I really would not be worried.  If it was your heart, you'd be having a lot of other symptoms, such as falling to the ground and calling 911.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissFreaky

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »
thank you, kindablue :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: gerd chest pain