Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: The whole left side of my body is in pain/tingling! I'm really scared  (Read 58493 times)

Offline sickofsickness

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone.

As the title says the whole left side of my body is in pain and tingling. This pain/tingling does not necessarily occur at the same time, but it's all on the left side.

My left leg especially seems to be affected. Not only does it tingle, but there's occasional pain that shoots down the entire leg. I especially feel this pain and tingling on the back of my knees. I've noticed this leg in particular feels stiff, and that it's harder to bend.

My head is also tingling, and it feels really heavy right now. Not really pain, but a very dense feeling.

I'm really scared. My appointment with my PCP isn't until Monday. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been feeling especially off these past two months, and I just want to cry.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickofsickness

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone?  I'm literally in tears right now. I've already resigned myself to having ALS or some sort of cancer and the tumor has spread to my spine.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline smmaho

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know how u feel. All the pain tightness tingling and numbness happens on my left side too! I have noticed that a lot of ppl on this thread seem to get these feelings on the left side of their body. ATM I am convinced that I have ms or a brain tumor because my left eyelid is slightly droopy and it feels like there is something in my left ear! As you can see all left sided. I've had left sided shoulder and chest pain for the past year and a half. And it has all come down to muscle tightness due to stress! I'm waiting at the drs now to tell him about my ear issue and the headaches I've been getting! I hate this. Have u had a MRI or ct scan done?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickofsickness

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know how u feel. All the pain tightness tingling and numbness happens on my left side too! I have noticed that a lot of ppl on this thread seem to get these feelings on the left side of their body. ATM I am convinced that I have ms or a brain tumor because my left eyelid is slightly droopy and it feels like there is something in my left ear! As you can see all left sided. I've had left sided shoulder and chest pain for the past year and a half. And it has all come down to muscle tightness due to stress! I'm waiting at the drs now to tell him about my ear issue and the headaches I've been getting! I hate this. Have u had a MRI or ct scan done?
I've never had an MRI, and I last had a CT scan four years ago. I'm going to my GP to let him know all of my symptoms. Maybe he'll refer me to a neuro doc. This is seriously driving me nuts, I'm actually crying as I type this. I'm sick of this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline heatherpearl81

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi,

Left sided symptoms are a common result of anxiety/stress, I have written about it on this board quite a bit. I have left sided tingling and other bits and bobs and I have had a clear neuro assessment and mri.

Before what you are experiencing can be put down to anxiety your doctor will want to rule out vitamin deficiencies, nerve impingements etc, there are a lot of things that can cause tingling and they are not as scary as the illnesses you are focussing on which are rare.

Because your symptoms are left sided I'd be willing to put money on it being stress or anxiety  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Itzomi

• Rec's: 12
  • PANIC DEVELOPMENT ENTHUSIAST
    • Poke This Member
I want to echo that anxiety seems to affect the left side mostly.  My own theory is that anxiety will strike where you're weakest, and since most people are right-side-dominant, the left gets the brunt of it.  I have issues on the left side of my face, as well as lower left leg weirdness - pulsating, a feeling of "vein sensitivity" (if that makes sense), etc. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kaley1972

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
All my symptoms are on the left also. That is why I always worry about my heart.  Anxiety in general really sucks!!!  You will be just fine.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: help