Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Never been able to burp, gurgling frog sound in throat, Gas or indigestion?  (Read 8639 times)

Offline mrmanic

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
 I have never been able to burp though I do get a weird frog/gurggling sound that i swallow in my throat. I used to pass gas often but since starting new antidepressant/xanax meds my flatulence has been greatly reduced. I was prescribe prilosec and it seemed to help indigestion (though I dont think I have gerd) but it hasn't helped weird frog noise in my throat. Do you think it is gas Im unable to expel easily? I tried gas x today and it seemed to move things around in my intestines and increased my "faux" burps but i had pressure in my chest after eating dinner. Which causes me to go into a panic attack. Don't know what i should do, continue gas x+restart prilosec which Ive stopped? Any thoughts would be appreciated as to what you think it is I have or what might help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wiegehts

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i have the weird frog noise thing going on aswell and like you i have never been able to burp aswell!!i've had it all my life though.i think it's indigestion,some people just burp really easily and some people it stays inside and wants to come out but keeps on making this wird noises,thats my guess...
Bookmark and Share
Replace fear of the unknown with curiousity

Offline lilgina

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Hi, my doctor recently told me that people who are anxious sometimes swallow air and that the air can get trapped.  I also seem to have a lot of bloating and feel as though I need to burp but can't. Nervous tension can cause the esophagal sphincter to tense resulting in gas that is stuborn to get out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: