Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Obsessing over the past  (Read 1467 times)

Offline mike_o

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Obsessing over the past
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »
I've been obsessing over some past sexual experiments I did as a young kid age 8 to 12 (I feel like I was exposed too early to truly know what to do with it leading to alot of regrets that torment me). I keep dwelling on them and thinking they make me a bad adult today. I take in to account my innocense of youth and exploration but can not shake the awful feelings. Its like I'm holding my young ignorant self to the morales and values I hold today. Its exhausting and as much as I reassure myself I keep doing circles. These thoughts are accompanied by a 'want to confess' although I know confessing will only make things worse. Anyone else?

Michael
Bookmark and Share

Offline needtostopthinking

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessing over the past
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:29:16 AM »
Hey Michael,

I obsess over the past too but I find that it helps when I'm extremely busy to not think about it. Just know that 8-12 years old is sooo young! You can not possibly compare your judgement and morals of today to yourself at 8 years old. If you did things, it was out of exploration and ignorance. It was not your fault, you just didn't know any better. When I get regretful thoughts, I push them away and say good things about myself and that I wouldn't do those things today which is what matters. I also imagine the bad thoughts into a little bubble and mentally pop it. If the thought creeps up again I literally don't think about it if you know what I mean. I push it away and ignore it as if someone is talking to me but I'm not taking notice.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: