Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Im not pregnant....so whats wrong with me? Im scared! Panicking!!!!  (Read 2126 times)

Offline butterflygirl

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ok so I was suppose to start my period on the 26th of April. I do have PCOS so my periods come and go...I didn't start, but I started to feel like I was having pregnancy symptoms....I was really tired, peeing more often, lower back pain and serious nausea without vomiting...the only symptom I felt like I didn't have was sore/tender breasts....

I took a pregnancy test and it was positive....I was so excited....I took another one the next day..it was negative...but an hour later when I went to put it in the trash there was a line, but I know the rule about not checking after a certain amount of time....I took another one, negative....then I took two of the "pregnant" "not pregnant" ones....."not pregnant"

So now Im wondering...what IS wrong with me?? Its May 16th now and I still haven't gotten a period...Im sooooo tired all the time, and back pain...Im scared I have some freaky infection and will go septic any second...Im giving myself panic attacks over this.....

I dont have any insurance or I would definitely have gone to the doc by now....HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline lisaann

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So you took 3 tests and 2 were negative and one was positive?   I would take one  more,  but wait until tomorrow morning and do your first morning urine. 
I was just diagnosed with PCOS a year ago and since then,  my periods have been whacky.  I thought I was pregnant atleast 4 or 5 times because I was NEVER late until this PCOS crap.  I too get super tired and pee alot.   Are you on Metformin?  And have you checked your blood sugars lately?   High insulin (like those of us have who have pcos) can cause tiredness.   Swings in your blood sugar could also contribute to your tired and peeing symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline icantbestill

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You could defintely be pregnant. Home pregnancy tests are not the most reliable. Go to the doctor and have them perform a blood test. That'll tell you for certain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline allyboo2

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
You should definitely take another.  Sometimes the level of HcG in your urine isn't high enough yet.  You should see your OB if you don't get your period in a few days.
Bookmark and Share
"Man. I went to the doctor the other day. All this guy did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go to see Dr. Acula." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline allyboo2

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
I wanted to add, NOT because I think something's wrong, but your OB can give you a more reliable test.
Bookmark and Share
"Man. I went to the doctor the other day. All this guy did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go to see Dr. Acula." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
 Of course you could call up the doc office and tell them what has happened regarding the tests.  They can then advise you on what you should do.  Based on my MANY peeing on the stick experience (7 pgs and several neg tests), the tests are pretty accurate.  So you are probably not pg.  The more likely cause of your period not showing up is because you didn't ovulate.  If you didn't ovulate, your period won't begin.  My last cycle was two weeks late.  This was because of delayed ovulation.  IF you have PCOS, this is probably mucking around with ovulation as I understand it can do.

when I was in my 20's I had a very odd schedule---I basically only ovulated 4 times a year.  I know this because I charted my cycles.  I never had any whacky infection that sent me septic.  I didn't have cancer or anything.  I had a wiggy cycle.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline butterflygirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
And the thing thats weird is that I have bad bad cramps.....like Im going to start, but it never comes...that has been happening since a week before the 26th of April...I was sure I was going to start, even running to the bathroom to check, but nothing....so I took the tests...got those results, and Im still having cramps all the time, but nothing happens....now of course Im worried I have uteran or ovarian cancer.....Im constantly thinking about it, worrying about it....
Bookmark and Share

Offline butterflygirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
lisaann,

No I am not on metformin...I was a long while ago but haven't been for a while....thats interesting that you say PCOS can make you tired and pee alot?? I didn't know that...it makes me feel a little better...I am on lisinopril for high bp, so I know that can cause frequent urination...im also working 60 hours a week so that could be why im tired....but how does that explain the bad cramps, pelvic pain, etc....
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
you could be having bladder spasms--I get them when stressed at times.  Cramping can also occur in response to ovulation. Tired--well pregnancy is definitely not the only cause of being tired.  Just thinking about how tired one is can excerbate that. All of what you are describing doesn't mean cancer.  I would guess it is tied to your PCOS or not having ovulated so your cycle is a bit whacky.  Being stressed out about a period not starting can also cause all kinds of aches/cramping becaus our mind will produce aches/pains that we can directly attribute to our fear. This happens ALL of the time around here.  As I mentioned not having ovulated is a common cause of no period.  This is  MUCH, much more common that cancer.  Give your doctor a call.  It is much better to get a professional opinion than to sit worrying about the multitude of what ifs that we can put ourselves through.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline FearfulOne

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am 7 weeks pregnant. SAME symptoms as you but with tender breasts. I have had other children without that symptom as well. You had one positive preg test? I think pregnant, even with your pcos. It almost sounds like your testing early too. They do have free clinics with really, really good tests too since you mentioned no insurance. False negatives are WAY more common in early pregnancy then a false positive.
Bookmark and Share
Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Tags: