Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: small movable lump between ear and jaw - HELP  (Read 17003 times)

Offline ashmo918

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
small movable lump between ear and jaw - HELP
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »
i noticed yesterday that my left jaw was sort of swollen and then upon closer examination i realized that there was a very small (not even noticeable by looking) soft lump that moves when i touch it right between the hinge of my jaw and my ear. i thought immediately i had cancer. i looked up where lymph nodes are and theres not one there but theres a major salivary gland there. in addition, i've been sleeping in ear plugs bc my upstairs neighbor makes a lot of noise when she walks around and my left ear has been irritated (maybe theres earwax pushed down into it from the ear plug?) and then also my left jaw has been popping a little more frequently than usual. i'm not sure if that would have anything to do with this small, soft, movable lump but its FREAKING me out. i'm just already convinced i guess that i have cancer. someone pleaaaaaaaase help me out if you've got any idea what this could be or just talk some sense into me!
 :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline SkyDiva

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: small movable lump between ear and jaw - HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:17:49 PM »
hey!!! i have this too!!! it's so weird. i've had it a long time. it's tender to the touch, too. i'm pretty sure it's TMJ, because that's right where your jaw joint is... and sometimes TMJ can cause the joint to swell up. anyway, my lump moves around too. weird thing is, id on't really worry about it. it's been there so long i don't even care anymore. it hurts really badly when its cold outside... do you have that problem too?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietyfreak

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 03:06:35 AM »
I have the same thing!!! I've been trying to figure out what the heck it is for the longest time. And omg mine also hurts too when It's cold out, and I always wonder why. I also have jaw problems, and I thought it was cancer too, and if I touch it it hurts also. I've had it for so long so I don't really think its cancer but I still want to know why its there.
Bookmark and Share
A true friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline sarahgotsissues

• *no day but today*
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 09:23:39 AM »
I would say most likely it's a swollen lymph node.

I get them all the time!

If that's what it is than be happy because your body is fighting off infections and general bacteria!

Bookmark and Share
Do not spend your life trying to find yourself...
Spend your life creating yourself.

Offline ashmo918

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »
thank you guys so much. i've been on the verge of tears all morning and i just now was able to check the board and am BEYOND ecstatic that others have the same condition and aren't terminally ill or anything. i've been praying like crazy and just feeling convinced that i was going to die.

to skydiva and anxietyfreak: have you gotten the doctor to check yours or has it just been there awhile and not caused anything? im not sure if mine hurts when it gets cold bc its springtime now and i just noticed this spot a few days ago (though it could have been there longer than that... i had to sort of search for it). anyway, please let me know!

thank you all sooooooooooooooooo much!  :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietyfreak

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 12:04:33 PM »
Mine has just been there a while and hasn't caused anything..when I went to the doctors because I was sick he didn't even check there for lymph nodes.
Bookmark and Share
A true friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline LetyBunny

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »
My brother was a hypochondriac when he was in high school for about 2 years. During that period he noticed he had the same exact lump you just described....it was moveable in between his jaw and cheek area. He went to the doctor for it and the doctor said something about it being a lump of gathered cells or something to that effect derived from having colds/flus in the past. I might be wrong because it was so long ago but I do remember the doctor saying it was not harmful and that it was some type of gathering of cells...just not sure if it was from past colds. Eiter way you're fine =)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: