Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Buzzing sounds in head and ears and dizziness  (Read 17013 times)

Offline morgera70s

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Buzzing sounds in head and ears and dizziness
« on: March 26, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »
I sometimes have buzzing noises in my head and ears, and if I continue them to get worse I get real dizzy like I felt like I was gonna faint. Is this just plain anxiety or something else? During these espiodes even sounds of people talking really bothered me. I don't have this as much now but it was really bad 2 months ago. Oh also what would happen if I don't try to stop the annoying buzzing sounds and continue being dizzy what would happen?

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline morgera70s

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Buzzing sounds in head and ears and dizziness
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
No replies yet? I need info it might help me feel better. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline GreenThumb

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:05:55 PM »
Temporary buzzing in the head/ears is very very common with anxiety - so is dizziness. If you let them bother you, your anxiety will continue to grow and they will get worse. Once you start to calm down they should subside. Sensitivity to sound, including loud or sudden noises, is also very common. The buzzing, dizziness, and sensitivity to sound can't hurt you or your body, no matter how long they hang around. It's a function of your nervous system being so overly sensitive - think of all your nerves like live wires that are just teaming with energy and jumpiness. The trick is to acknowledge them when they happen, tell yourself that it's only anxiety, and then move on with your day.
Bookmark and Share
Keep Calm and Carry On...

Offline mom12735

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »
Do some research on tinnitus to see if your symptoms match.

I got tinnitus about four months after my anxiety/depression start. I still have tinnitus, though I hardly notice it.

There's an excellent site here to learn about tinnitus --- http://tinnitussupport92262.yuku.com/topic/438/t/Tinnitus-Overview-Sleep-Tips-FAQs.html

The FAQ section of that site will set you straight.

Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Carryon

• Rec's: 30
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
Tinnitus does not include dizziness but tinnitus can be associated with other conditions. Tinnitus produces significant anxiety and anxiety makes tinnitus worse but there is CMW is that tinnitus is assocated with hearing loss from age, load noise and also some medications.

You should have it checked by an ENT, whose services include an audiologist.
Bookmark and Share
The pursuit of truth is worth more than possessing it.

Offline morgera70s

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 12:22:07 AM »
Thanks all for the replies!  Some info here is helpful. I do have a couple more questions. Is there a vasovagal factor in the tinnitus? I doubt I have the overly senstive vasovagal response as I have never passed out in life, but if I let the annoying kind of tinnitus continue I get really dizzy like I was gonna pass out, especialy when driving and other cases. Normally noises in my ears don't bother me.

Second question, once I real dizzy, if I don't stop it will I pass out, or will the dizziness come and go by itself?

BTW, if it helps, I do have hearing loss, and I can withstand scenes of blood, wounds, etc without a nasty reaction such as passing out, tho I still hate seeing them lol. Sorry for all the quetions, I just gotta understand my axiety symptoms to help me feel better :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Carryon

• Rec's: 30
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:03:10 AM »
Thanks all for the replies!  Some info here is helpful. I do have a couple more questions. Is there a vasovagal factor in the tinnitus? I doubt I have the overly senstive vasovagal response as I have never passed out in life, but if I let the annoying kind of tinnitus continue I get really dizzy like I was gonna pass out, especialy when driving and other cases. Normally noises in my ears don't bother me.

Second question, once I real dizzy, if I don't stop it will I pass out, or will the dizziness come and go by itself?

BTW, if it helps, I do have hearing loss, and I can withstand scenes of blood, wounds, etc without a nasty reaction such as passing out, tho I still hate seeing them lol. Sorry for all the quetions, I just gotta understand my axiety symptoms to help me feel better :-)

I've never heard or read  of "vasovagal" associated with tinnitus. Tinnitus is essentially a software problem in the brain's synthesis of the sound you hear when it receives signals produced when the inner ear's hairs vibrate in response to amibient sound. Dizziness can be associated with "other" inner maladies with the inner ear (e..g vertigo) that can be concomitant with tinnitus. I have a few friends who have both. The American Tinnitus Association is a reputable site for information on tinnitus. 
Bookmark and Share
The pursuit of truth is worth more than possessing it.

Offline morgera70s

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 03:28:20 PM »
Thanks all for the replies! Will do research on this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline karmalized

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 04:52:30 PM »
I have had bouts of Tinnitus for years, sometimes lasting for a few days, other times, like recently, it has been bothering me for a few months. One of the symptoms that is common for me is a feeling of vertigo when the ringing starts. Almost like there is a physical pressure starting the process. It is scary and immediately stops me doing whatever it was I was doing at the time. A few times when this has happened and my wife has been with me, she gets very worried as apparently I go into this momentary "freeze" and will stop talking or whatever. Since the loud, initial part of the ringing is usually short, I tend to get back to normal very quickly.

Needless to say this causes me to feel anxious and worried, but since I have had this for so long, I know there are no adverse affects, and it will go away very quickly. Ear exams have shown no problems so it doesn't seem to be a physical ailment.

My only advice would be to relax, take 10 deep breaths and try and relax all your body when this happens. That is the quickest way I have found to stop this sort of thing turning into an anxiety/panic episode. If what you are experiencing is in fact tinnitus, then listening to music on head sets or watching TV will help to distract your brain from the sound.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: