Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you see dark or distorted spots in your vision if you look around?  (Read 16201 times)

Offline JCWest

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Hey guys,

This has been bugging me for a little while. If you look at a bright, white wall and look as far to the right / left / up / down as you can, do you notice your vision changing in certain spots at all? For instance, if I look to the far left, I'll see a slightly dark / distorted spot on the right. It won't be where I'm focusing, but I can notice it in my peripheral vision. Also, I'm not talking about floaters here, but static spots in your vision, it's nothing very obvious for me but have noticed them. They go away when my gaze returns to normal.

:sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline LucyVictoria93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you see dark or distorted spots in your vision if you look around?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 05:05:10 AM »
I have bad visual snow static effect when I look at anything White or a wall. I also get large black dots that seem to burst sometimes. The way you explained must mean these dark areas only appear when you look sideways at something and not straight on. Here is a theory that might well be the case here...we all have a blind spot in our field of vision which is often when viewing something out of the corner of our eyes. What happens is when the light hits the eye and goes towards the retina at the back, if it hits an area with no fluid on so ultimately an empty space it creates a blind spot with nothing in in our vision. Our brains our extremely clever and instead of there actually being nothing to look at it try's to imagine what should be there and conjures up dark spaces/shadows. This is nothing at all to worry about, just your brain telling you it's still working as it should :D hope this helped..
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »
If you are concerned, I would make an appointment with an Opthamologist and be very
specific with your symptoms and concerns.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline funkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 11:32:43 AM »
If I look hard one way I've always seen a dark kind of round spot in my vision. Not sure what it is but I know other people can see it too. I also have bad visual snow and now straight lines and high contrast patterns/text vibrate like guitar string under certain conditions. It's horrible but opthamologist(sp?) says everything is very healthy I just need prism glasses, which I have now but they've not helped much yet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline immolate

• Mind Trapped
  • 24 Years Old
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Normal. Benign.

Also, it could be that you're just seeing your blood vessels in your eye move. This is called something that I can't remember, but it's a normal phenomenon that is also benign.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Crush

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:31:42 AM »
I've been through all the eye stuff.

Basically I saw the eye doctor, got all the tests, and everything was fine. I had a long list of issues trust me.

However, he did tell me that everyone's sight is different. He said some will get x, others will get y, although their eye health is completely fine. He also said that these visuals are unexplainable, unfix-able for the most part and it's just differences from person to person.

If we look at a white wall. Some will see 'noise'. Others will says hallows (like Beyonce), others will see shimmers, others will see a fain red or blue colors, others will see imprints and of course, the longer you stare, the more funky things will happen. This is true for most people, but since they don't have anxiety, they don't pay attention.

Your eyes are nerves remember. Do NOT be concerned about eye-site.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:01:31 AM »
I asked my friend who is a physician and he said that any new or unusual eye disturbances should
be investigated by an opthamologist, especially if your eyes have not been checked recently.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Crush

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
Yeah I can say that about any anxiety sensation marc.

Let's just tell anxiety sufferers to run and panic to the doctor over every new symptom. That's a great way to ensure anxiety sufferers stay in the anxiety zone and never leave it.

If you feel faint, have a headache and your vision goes completely out , or you have a blinding white flash while awake and watching tv, then yes go the ER. But these aren't the sort of symptoms we are talking about here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline realityiscliche

• Rec's: 5
  • Here to help.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
I agree with Marc, just go to the eye doctor and ask them about it. My guess is that it's not anything serious and that it ties in with your anxiety because if it's a serious problem than I'm 'sick' as well. Chances are is that it's anxiety related though, and that we are just fine!
Bookmark and Share
"Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet, I have just one day - today, and I'm going to be happy in it." -Groucho Marx

Offline butterflygirl

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 08:42:47 PM »
I just went to the eye doc and asked him about this!!! I can see them when I look at the sky or a white wall or anything light or bright....he told me its absolutely normal...he said not to worry...I was scared it might be that I was going blind or something wrong with my brain.....he said its normal and most everyone has it....
 :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline smdl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 08:49:03 PM »
I just went to the eye doctor Monday (3-21-2011) about this. I went because I thought my pupils were different sizes but they weren't. While I was there, I pretty much asked the same thing you are asking. The doctor said it was normal and he explained something about light reflecting into the cornea or something. I also told him sometimes I will think I see a shadow that is red or something in my peripheral vision, but when I look, it was nothing. He said that too is very normal and again, has something to with light shining into our eyes and going through whatever process light goes through in our eyes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Crush

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »
I just went to the eye doc and asked him about this!!! I can see them when I look at the sky or a white wall or anything light or bright....he told me its absolutely normal...he said not to worry...I was scared it might be that I was going blind or something wrong with my brain.....he said its normal and most everyone has it....
 :yes:

yeah my eye doctor said he also gets them when he looks in the sky.

I had a LOT of vision issues (as well as audio issues.. tinnitus, ringing in ears etc). They tested me at several machines for my eyes and they all passed. They took this photo thing of my eye and we examined my eyeball on the computer. Looked like an xray sort of thing. It all checked out fine. I told him that it can't be because of all my vision issues and he said that it's one of things where everyone is different and you can't resolve it.

if you think about it, all of our bodies aren't perfect. We don't have perfect reflexes, hand eye coordination, memories, teeth, hair, posture. We're so imperfect, what makes us all think that our eyesite is going to be 100% clear and perfect? Of course not. My brother and wife who don't suffer from panic and anixety also get eye visuals too.

I can say though that both of my audio and visuals have substantially decreased since I've been cured of anxiety. Especially the audio ringing in my ears and tinnitus.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Autumnbee123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »
I have the same exact thing. If I look at the wall or anything whiteish. And turn my head as far right or left as I can I see two big dark spots. I've had these for about 9 months and they haven't gone away
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »
I have the same distortion/black area on my peripheral vision, mostly in my left eye. It also happens when I'm looking around but I hadn't ever noticed it before. I always get my eyes checked on a nearly basis and they are fine according to the doctor.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline WhatsTheDeal

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
You mean like static TV right? I get that... I think I read that it is because half of your receptors are working in the dark. That there isn't enough of certain frequencies to cause chemical reactions in the receptors thus you don't see those colors. This is also the reason we don't see infrared. We don't have any receptors to see it.
Bookmark and Share
"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Tags: