Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My weak heart beat is driving me crazy :(  (Read 18219 times)

Offline jennabear

• Mad Hatter
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
My weak heart beat is driving me crazy :(
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:52:20 PM »
Hello everyone! I've been having a rather distressing obsession with my heart lately and i would so gladly appreciate any input, I'm literally exhausted within an inch of madness lol..
I'm 29, female and in generally good health and stable weight. I have always been a worrier and suffer from anxiety.
Well it all started a few weeks ago. I was having a ton of stress at work and with my life in general and i ended up having a pretty bad panic attack while i was in bed. My heart has beating so fast and SO hard, i thought it was going to explode out of my chest.  B-; I had never felt it beat so hard while at rest.
Well i was able to calm myself down that night but for the next few days i was having those terrible, random adrenaline surges we all get from panic attacks and anxiety until one night i really felt my heart might just give out so i drove myself to the emergency room. I was quite embarrassed but relieved when my EKG and blood work all came back normal and the ER doctors told me i had classic anxiety disorder and needed to be medicated, at least until i sorted out my stressful life.
So I've been on Effexor 75mg a day for the last 3 weeks and it has helped out TREMENDOUSLY with my panic. I no longer get random adrenaline surges and I'm able to go on with my day without much anxiety.

Now finally i get to my problem lol... I can't sleep because my pulse feels SOOO WEAK to me now! This only happens at night time, during the day my pulse feels normal and strong. But after weeks of feeling like my heart was about to explode in my chest at bed time, i find it almost as distressing that it feels so weak now. I know that i am incredibly sensitized to my heart beat, to the point were i count every beat as I'm trying to fall asleep.  ::) I just cant help it. And now my heart just feels so weak at bedtime that i cant feel my heartbeat pulsating through my body anymore and it makes me lose sleep. I'm afraid my heart will just stop.  :sick0002: I check my pulse on my neck and it feels so light, just faint little blips. I have a blood pressure monitor and i checked myself one night after waking up feeling so weak and it was 107/60 with a heart rate of 73.
Could it be that after weeks of adrenaline surges and experiencing so many anxiety symptoms that now my body isn't used to feeling so calm?
Does anyone get such low blood pressure at night, to the point where you can hardly feel your pulse?
So sorry for the super long post, I'm just so obsessed with this lately and I've only been able to manage about 3 hours of sleep because of it. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline myfrog60

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My weak heart beat is driving me crazy :(
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »
Jennabear, I had the exact same thing.  My heart felt like it was going to explode or come out of my chest.  I would put my finger on my neck and count the beats for a minute.  Sometimes it was alot and others, it was bad but it sure did feel like it.  107/60 isn't bad.  My is usually 112/64 or 68.  My doc says it is really good.  If you are like me, we are just focusing on the heart and beats that we get ourselves worked up and that makes it worst.  Try you best not to think about it.  I know it's hard but you can do it. 
I also find myself saying hey I've been feeling really good for the last couple of days, when is it going to start again.  Once again, we just need to try and focus on something else.  Listen to music, sing along or I am currently listening to some books on CDs, it really keeps me focus or I lose where I'm at.  Good luck and hang in there.  We are the normal ones and everyone else is crazy :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennabear

• Mad Hatter
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »
Thank u so much for the reply! :) I will definitely try not too focus so much on it but as you say it is soo hard not to sometimes. I just woke up from a nap an hour ago and checked my Bp and it was 98/65 with 70 heart rate and after my shower and a snack it was 130/ 80 with an 84 heart rate. It's the very low blood pressure when I'm resting in bed that scares me. Is it normal for it to drop so low? I only get dizzy when I get up too fast from sitting otherwise I have no real symptoms. Thank u again for the reply, youre awesome :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline myfrog60

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »
I don't know about the low pressure.  If it continues, you may want to call your doc or call see him/her.  I would think when you are at rest it would be low but again, I don't not know.  Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jennabear

• Mad Hatter
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
Oops, i just realized i was supposed to intruduce myself before i started posting about my silly obsessions.  :spineyes:
Sooo... Hi, I'm Jenna from Texas.  :action-smiley-065: Long time anxiety sufferer but my friends and family say my positive attitude has kept me from totally losing my mind lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

• Rec's: 32
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
I know you will find lots of support here. Let me remind you you can access the Chat Room, after a minimum amount of posts and talk live to some of us here!  A great resource for you.

Also you can post your favorite picture in the Members Gallery.

Check out an introductory post on, "When you think no one understands ....read this."........Link: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,9100.0.html

Lots to do here~ 

:sign0016:
Bookmark and Share
Psalm 34:4 'He saved me from all that I feared."......

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 07:30:56 AM »
hi Jen

that is okay about the intro part.  lol.  It seems a lot of us do that. 

I'm going to move this on over to the hypo section though.  It seems a better fit.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: