Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Left arm numbness/heavy feeling  (Read 5232 times)

Offline forever dead inside

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Left arm numbness/heavy feeling
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
Hi, I'm a female and I'm 16 and I have a lot of anxiety issues! Half the time, I can't tell if something hurts or aches because I was scared it was going to, or if it really is. Anyways, I just recently found out I have scoliosis and have headaches, neck pain, and back pain with that. But, all of a sudden during school on Friday, my left arm randomly started feeling heavy and really...different...compared to my right arm (my arm and hand on my left side almost don't feel like my own). I don't know how to explain it. It aches (or I think it does.) But all the rest of the school day it didn't hurt until I got home and thought about it...then it hurt.
Is arm numbness/pain/heaviness a common symptom of anxiety??????
Thanks!  =)
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left arm numbness/heavy feeling
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
Well, it could be from scoliosis, I'm not really sure.  From my own experience, I know anxiety can cause vague, perceived, unexplained symptoms like that.  I'll be sitting there thinking to myself, "Oh gosh did my leg just go numb?!?!?!"  Then I'll have to get up and start walking around to prove to myself everything's okay....sensation might temporarily disappear when distracted, but the cycle starts back up again some time or another lol
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »
Can it last this long??? Also, my hand/arm feels warm on the inside but is cold to the touch and there is a good amount of tingling in my fingers. Thanks for the reply!  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
Are your symptoms 24/7 or just off and on? Mine are usually off and on.  Maybe see your primary physician just for peace of mind?  I hope that was decent advice because sometimes I still feel nervous even after a visit w/ the doc lol....kinda 50/50 there.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
Well, honestly? I'm not really sure. I'll think its all in my head and I'll be like "Wow...the pain is gone...the numbness is gone...my arm is here..." and then I'll "notice" it again. So...on and off I suppose. Either that or I'm just really good at convincing myself of thing. I'm seeing my doctor (hopefully sometime soon) so yeah, haha. Thanks!  :bigsmile: Its just annoying yano? *sigh*....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: