Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Sore spot on head=Brain Tumor?  (Read 11604 times)

Offline buckeye5

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sore spot on head=Brain Tumor?
« on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
Okay, I had been doing so well, now tonight its back it full force. I was even actually feeling really good today too!
Anyway, I have this weird kinda sore spot on the top of my head. Its probably no bigger than a quarter. My upper wisdom tooth on the same side is also very sensitive today, and I recently just blew my nose and that side had a little bit of bloody discharge. Oh and that side of my neck is stiff too. Of course this sore spot is making me think that its a tumor pressing on my skull making it sore right there. I know this is really dumb, but I just can't get it out of my head. Anyone else have similar problems??
And I just entered month 9 of the brain tumor worries. My symptoms have gotten better, but every "that time of the month" for me, they seem to come back along with my anxiety. Please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sore spot on head=Brain Tumor?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »
I once in a while also get sensitive spots on my head. I attribute it to most likely
being scalp irritation or neuralgia (benign). It is not typically really a symptom of a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sore spot on head=Brain Tumor?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:14:27 AM »
buck--

my sister's brain tumor sat right on top of her frontal lobe just under the skull.  It was using my sister's brain sort of like a pillow.  As it grew, it pressed on the brain because that is what moves.  The skull doesn't.  Her tumor was 6-7cm---YES very large.  She had some big things going on but I never heard her speak of having a sore scalp or head.  And because of the location and SIZE of that tumor, wouldn't you think that if tumors caused sore spots on the head, hers would have?   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: