Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling really shaky and weird  (Read 8108 times)

Offline abaggett2

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Feeling really shaky and weird
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »
So, I was up front here at work talking to a friend, laughing and stuff then out of the blue my feet got hot, I got hot, I felt faint, and just weird all over.  I had this about 2 years ago and had test done for low blood sugar and nothing was wrong.  I have been a little anxious this week (that monthly thing) but could this just be anxiety again?  I have not been to the Dr since that incident and don't want to go cuz I have "white coat syndrome". 
I am still here at work and I am shaky and still feel off.  Anyone please any words would help me out now.  PLEASE
Bookmark and Share
Have a blessed day!  God Loves you!

Offline george37

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling really shaky and weird
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
That has happened to me too. Completely out of the blue. I'll get hot, or tingly, or just a quick wave of dizziness. Then I can't stop thinking about it (thus the weird feeling that lingers). Hang tough, it's just anxiety!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline abaggett2

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »
Thanks George.  I am still shaking and just feel like I want to go home.  I am scared!!  Sucks!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline GreenThumb

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »
I have had that happen to me too before, especially when I'm in a social situation - talking to someone or a group of people. Definitely just sounds like anxiety to me - you have nothing to fear! Just be gentle with yourself at work the rest of the day - TGIF!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Keep Calm and Carry On...

Offline abaggett2

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »
I am trying to just forget it and go about my day.  Eating some toast now and drinking some Orange Juice.  My stomach is not good and the tremors are about gone.  Not a good way to start off my 11th anniversary married to my wonderful husband!  The day can only get better...Right????
Bookmark and Share

Offline george37

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »
I know the feeling. Just try to get busy with something at work. I know that is hard. You are fine. Just breathe, it will pass. And yes, TGIF!! Think of something fun to do over the weekend to get your mind of this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MistaVega

• Life is great.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 09:33:36 AM »
STOP!

Don't obsess over it, you're going to start the anxiety cycle over again. If you think you have a problem, go get checked by the doctor and if he says it's nothing then it's nothing.

Don't continue to dwell or speculate on what you're feeling, you'll just get worse and start to create new symptoms. For all you know you could just be getting sick.
Bookmark and Share
My mind is breaching I find it pleasing!

Offline abaggett2

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »
Thank You!  That is what I needed to hear.  I have been doing so well and this hits me, but you know what...piss on that!!  I am not going to let this get me back in that vicious cycle again.  I am fine now and will be fine from now on.  It will not ruin my day or week or month or year.  Time to tell my brain to get over it and lets move on. 
Have a great day...I know I will.

:bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline colliedog

• The Life of the Dead is in the Mind of the Living
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »
The shaky feeling is very familiar to me. It will happen at any time of day
 I start dropping thing and for the most part I am unable to find the right words in a conversation. It is very disconcerting
 I have no idea what triggers this. It seems I shake only on the inside. Outwardly I appear fine. Just a little stressed.
Bookmark and Share
No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye, you were gone before I knew it and only G-d knows why

Offline Cuz

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
STOP!

Don't obsess over it, you're going to start the anxiety cycle over again. If you think you have a problem, go get checked by the doctor and if he says it's nothing then it's nothing.

Don't continue to dwell or speculate on what you're feeling, you'll just get worse and start to create new symptoms. For all you know you could just be getting sick.

I agree, DONT obsess over it, just let it be what it wants and move on.. If you obsess over it, you create more tension and just make things worse.. Its an anxiety symptom thats just trying to "BLUFF" you into a feared response..
Bookmark and Share

Offline abaggett2

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond and it really does help me.  I went to lunch with my husband and did not feel like going inside a resturant, but told myself to do it and I did.  I got a little "weird" feeling but told myself ...just bring it on.  I did just fine, ate my lunch, went to the bakery to get my kdis a cookie for after school and am now back at work.  I do feel some tension and a little tired.  But all in all I am doing fine.  It keeps trying to bluff me but I am telling it to come on and lets get it over with so I can move on and it goes away after that. 

:yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: