Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Red palms/Liver Problem?  (Read 49049 times)

Offline mizzou

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Red palms/Liver Problem?
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »
I have been dealing with this for 3 months. I have red palms, with a little bit of blotchiness. My cheeks are also red. I had Liver Function tests done(Bilirubin,ALT,AST) and everything came back normal, but I still suspect something is wrong with my liver. They done a Abdominal and pelvic CT Scan, in which the liver looked fine. I dont know what else can cause this redness. Its called Palmar erythemia. My skin also gets reddish, to where you can press it and it leaves your inprint. I just read an article about it, and all it says is Liver Disease and its really freaking me out. Whatelse can cause this? I seen Internal medicine, endocronologist, dermatologist. Internal medicine didnt know, so they reffered me to Dermatology, who said it could be rosecea, so they gave me cream(But how do you explain the red palms in rosecea). The endocronologist done a few tests to Rule out Carcinoid and other diseases and all came back normal, with the exception of low hormones(In which I got prescribed Gel for) and Delayed insulin reaction in my Glucose tolerance test(Which im waiting for my prescription) Can someone please calm me down, cause I am really working myself up..... :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 56
    • Poke This Member
Re: Red palms/Liver Problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:28:43 PM »
Hi mizzou,

I'm not sure if this you describe is also my own symptoms?

I have red palms, and they have what seem to be little white blotches - and when you touch my palms, you see a white imprint.

I have never worried about it personally.... i show it to a doctor every so often, once even to a neurologist, and none have ever been worried about it, blood tests and other tests over the years have never revealed anything.... so, i just leave it alone (and get worked up about other things, lol).

I always thought it was something to do with my circulation, if anything....
Bookmark and Share

Offline mizzou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »
Thats the thing, it was never like this till Novemeber, when my Anxiety was hi, but my cheeks are red, my arms get reddish to where you can press in it and make inprints. I just dont know what other avenues to take>>Im so fixated on Liver issues
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jammie007

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »
I understand how we're all a little illogical when it comes to symptoms and causes, but that is ridiculous lol

you've had bloods done, you've at 2 CT scans done and everything is fine. Read that last bit again.Everything.Is.Fine.

My mum had end stage liver failure, she was ill, properly ill. She didn't have 'red palms' (I have red palms..lots of people do), she was the colour of a simpson + puking day and night. I've also worked with hepatology patients, you're not exhibiting any symptoms to worry about

You are fine
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondriac personal trainer, always here to give people free fat loss/muscle building advice

Offline mizzou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »
Thanks Jamie! I appreciate your response. If its not that, what else can be causing this? I never had this before.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mizzou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
It just really puts my anxiety through the roof!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jammie007

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:03:13 PM »
Sorry to bring out the anxiety card, but thing's like flushing is a common thing with it. Red face, red soles of feet, red hands, seen it all before (in myself), it's a trait of adrenal fatigue (now why isn't that a surprise on an anxiety forum).
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondriac personal trainer, always here to give people free fat loss/muscle building advice

Offline mizzou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 05:19:29 PM »
It all might be from anxiety, but they stay like that most of the day, unless I got my hands in the air, then they will turn back normal. Also, my palms are looking more wrinkly, with more lines in them, plus they look shiny. Wish I could take a picture and post it on here. It even happens when I'm not stressed. The thing that bothers me is that it wasn't like this until november.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 56
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Mizzou - that point you make about putting your hands in the air and the colour returns to normal - thats definitely also me. My hands turn brilliant white if i hold them in the air after a few minutes.

I'm sure we have the same thing here.  :winking0008:

Honestly, it doesn't worry me - and it shouldn't worry you. You've been tested and things.... if it was anything that serious as you think it is, it would have shown up on something by now.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mizzou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 06:17:43 PM »
Its just the anxiety that theu might have missed something....but I'm going to try not to worry about it
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jammie007

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »
if you had a liver problem, it would be spotted by now. Theres's a big difference between finding a problem (which is easy to do in liver cases) and diagnosing it (which can be tricky from experience), once again, if there was a liver problem, it would be spotted by now
Bookmark and Share

Offline mizzou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance..I appreciate it. I will eventually get my mind off it, hopefully sooner than later. Isn't it weird how a minor thing wrong with your body can trigger massive amounts of OCD,anxiety and panic?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Enahs

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
Mizzou. Did you ever discover the cause of your red palms?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: hemochromatosis