Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chest pain in center of the Chest?  (Read 6834 times)

Offline briteyes1002

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chest pain in center of the Chest?
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »
So for about a week now I have been having this check tightness/pressure in the middle of my chest- its s liitl painful but more pressure/tightness than anything. I know a lot of us with anxiety get chest pain- but Isee more of the stabbing pain in the left side or in ribs more so than the chest tightening. It has been with me all day since I woke up and was there a few hours before bed time. Do any of you get this? I am not anxious- I dont feel anxious... I have tried taking tums thinking it may be heart burn... it makes me burp and for a slit second makes the pain go away- but come immediantly back. This went on for a few days last week as well. I took a very very low does of klonopin and it helped last week a bit- but not today.

I had an ekg/treadmill stress test in October. Everything was fine I guess. The last echo was about a year and a half ago if not two years ago. Fine except for the MVP and partical RBBB.

Just wondering if this long lasting pressure pain in center of chest could be anxiety? The tums have really not helped to much so not sure if its heartburn. I would not think heart burn would last thing long.

Any thoughts?

K
Bookmark and Share
The road you leave behind you is another road your going to have to come back down!

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest pain in center of the Chest?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:51:20 PM »
Hi Briteyes:) Well, since you've had clean heart tests, then I would address the anxiety aspect more diligently, IMHO:) You would know if you had a serious organic problem with your heart, by now. Our chest wall is lined with many muscles and nerves and it is, certainly, a symptom of anxiety for these to get tensed or tweaked a bit. The pain can linger for some time AFTER you feel "free" of major anxiety, as well. Just because you feel "relaxed" doesn't mean your body has quieted down from your overall anxiety, hence the loitering physical manifestations. Then we dwell on those and and our, seemingly "relaxed" state starts creeping over to the RED ALERT marker on the HA meter. Do you exercise regularly? Peace and Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline briteyes1002

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »
Floridaguy- Thank you- you alway know how to ease my mind. I have had these pains before- just not for a long amounf of time like I am not. They would come for a day or so than go away or come for an hour than go away. I guess for me, with them going on for the last week on an almost canstant basis is what has be in questions. I am sure I am probably fine and maybe its just some stomach issue like GERDS or something, but usually when I take tums or a klonopin I get some sort of relief. I have really had none. I am sure I might have some muscle tention but with my thoughts going towards my chest- it is just making it worse.

I did work out- but was in a bad car wreck about four weeks ago. My car was flipped and landed upside down. Luckly I was not seriously injured- but have not been able to run or really exercise because of my neck/back injuries from the accident. I am currently in physical therapy.

K
Bookmark and Share
The road you leave behind you is another road your going to have to come back down!

Offline Knightsaber

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »
Ah ha, well you know neck injuries put a lot of stress on your shoulder muscles, and chest muscles, and back muscles.  Not to mention tension from anxiety.  It's 99% likely that you have a sore chest muscle and it's just letting you know that it's uncomfortable. 

When my anxiety was at it's worst I got an awesome Christmas gift, a coupon for a massage, and the poor woman said she nearly broke her fingers trying to loosen the muscles in my neck.  And before that I was always wondering why my upper body hurt so much.   :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »
It would appear that your chest and side discomfort may well be related to your accident.
My sister has had MVP for many years and she gets periodic chest tightness and other
related issues. GERD/heartburn can also cause chest and rib area discomfort. You appear
pretty young, so the odds are that because of your youth and your heart tests, it is not
any serious organic disease that is causing your symptoms. If the pain persists or gets
worse, it may not be a bad idea to tell your physician, to at least help put your mind
at ease.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: