Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: weird pinching and pain  (Read 11841 times)

Offline insomnia

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird pinching and pain
« on: December 15, 2010, 11:53:35 PM »
last while my leg has been feeling 'pinched' it's mostly in my inner thigh and calf of my left leg.  not really 'pain' but that pinchy feeling.  i figured it was due to inactivity so i got a stationary bike and that kinda helps sometimes.  but it seems to hurt more when i'm sitting, it's like the pain originates from the spot where the chair ends on my thigh.  anyways, this pinchy thing.  i'm getting it in my left bicep, and in my chest right below my shoulder and tonight, which kinda freaked me out, was on the side of my neck.

could this be a nerve thing?  i sit alot and don't work and don't exercise nearly enough.  i am really starting to think i need to move more and lose some weight.  i always have a sore neck and headache from it.  now this pinchy stuff.

anyone get pinchy feelings?
Bookmark and Share

Offline gecko

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird pinching and pain
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 03:17:28 AM »
I get stabbing pains, bruise type pains, electric shock type pains, pains like someone is poking me. They are totally random and move around my body. Anxiety totally messes with the nervous system.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrownofThorns

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »

could this be a nerve thing?  i sit alot and don't work and don't exercise nearly enough.  i am really starting to think i need to move more and lose some weight.  i always have a sore neck and headache from it.  now this pinchy stuff.

That's EXACTLY it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SK

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »
Had/have the exact same thing in the same area on the same leg. Interesting. I too believe it is anxiety and tensing my legs.

Mine felt more like a stretching type pinch if that makes any sense whatsoever. It is a feeling hard to describe.

I started exercising more and it has went away. I think exercise will do the same for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insomnia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »
yeah thanks for the replies i just wanted to know that others felt the same.  i'm really obsessed with blood clots in my leg.  i went to the doctor back in october when this flared up and he sent me for an ultrasound which came back clean so i'm not so worried about it as much.  plus i don't have redness, swelling or constant pain.  i'm sure it's inactivity and probably doing the stationary cycle the last few days has caused a bit of strain too.  it's on a leg that has a bad knee, i fell when i was 13 and the knee will flare up once and a while.  my other worry is circulation problems because my feet can get cold when this happens.  but my toenails aren't blue or anything.  i feel like i'm falling apart and really need to get active again.  i have been using my last two surgeries and neck injury as an excuse this whole year to not move and it's really starting to affect my body with wierd aches and pains and pinches and numbness.  sitting my butt for hours at a time does NOT help. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jc825

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
Had/have the exact same thing in the same area on the same leg. Interesting. I too believe it is anxiety and tensing my legs.

Mine felt more like a stretching type pinch if that makes any sense whatsoever. It is a feeling hard to describe.

I started exercising more and it has went away. I think exercise will do the same for you.

I'm topping this thread just to point out how useful this forum is when it comes to finding people who have experienced the EXACT same symptom(s) as you are currently experiencing, no matter how random/specific they seem.

This very thigh/calf pinching (along with muscle twitches) has been driving me crazy lately. And it's not even like it's super painful or persistent. Just enough to get my mind racing! Reading these old threads helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jodafi

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 05:47:33 AM »
I just want to thank you people in this post that has been inactive for a long time. I was not even thinking about anxiety (not sure how I could not be) when I was looking. Of course, the first result that came up for "pinching feeling in back of thigh" was DVT which got my mind racing. Luckily, DVT just didn't seem to fit so it eased a little bit, but I always have that "what if" in the back of my head. I can't tell you how many times my Google searches have led me back here, every single thing I look up comes back as anxiety. I didn't think it was possible for one thing to affect someone in so many ways. All I know is I need to find a way to get past it because I'm sick of it fucking with me. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: