Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: feeling very cold in legs and feet when they also feel like they're burning  (Read 9150 times)

Offline bluerose

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well I have to post 3 times before I can go into the chat room.  I have OCD, anxiety and depression.  This is my second post.  Today it was cold here and when I got to my drop in center my feet just felt like they couldn't warm up.  I never get cold feet.  I was there for 3 hours and finally my feet felt warm.  I then waited at the bus stop for about half an hour in the cold, but it wasn't THAT cold.  I've now been home for hours, the heat in my apartment is 70 degrees, but all night my feet and also now my legs up to the knees feel very cold and alternately like they're burning.  They aren't cold to the touch.  It's been very distracting and uncomfortable.  Of course I been worrying about the worst possible case scenarios.  I'm worried that this is the beginning of neuroleptic malignant syndrome.  But I've taken my blood pressure several times and it's normal and I've taken my temperature and it's normal too.  I've never had this sensation before.  I just hope I can get a good nights sleep.  I hate that I can't trust the sensations in my body to have a physical cause and that my mind could be dreaming up yet another symptom.  Thanks for listening.  I feel better that I'm able to write here and not call one of my friends at 10:45 pm in a panic.
Bookmark and Share
You wanted justice, but there was none, only love.

Offline butterfly7

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
 :action-smiley-065:Yes! I get this a lot lately and it's maddening. I keep trying to stretch my feet/toes to get the cold, numb feeling to stop. As I do this, my feet really stiff and cramp up. My knees feel like they have icepacks on them. It's almost an effort to walk and feel steady...it doesn't hurt, but it's a strange, uncomfortable sensation, like I can't quite trust that my legs will carry me. I'm seeing a pain management doctor in a few days...I have many other strange aches/pains, especially back, neck & shoulders. If you like, I'll keep you posted on what the doc says. Hang in there, I'm a newbie here too. Reading these posts help me feel less like a crazy person, you know? No one I know personally has any of these issues, so I come here and it helps. Please let me know if you get any answers to this issue.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluerose

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Butterfly 7,

Thanks for responding to my post.  How long have you have this sensation in your legs?  I take several psyche meds one of which is an atypical psychotic, risperidone, and I'm hoping that's not what's causing this.  I just went up on the dose about 4 to 6 weeks ago.  I take the risperdone to treat anxiety, help elevate my mood and for sleep.  By all means keep me updated on how your treatment goes.  Thanks again.
Bookmark and Share
You wanted justice, but there was none, only love.

Offline GillLFC

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've had this sensation a lot in the last year. Mostly I think in the winter months. I think our bodies are overly sensitive from the anxiety and normal sensation feel intensified.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: