Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Headache that won't go away! 4 days now :-\  (Read 9024 times)

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Smart
    Smart
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Headache that won't go away! 4 days now :-\
« on: August 28, 2010, 03:21:58 PM »
        I was about to Google "High Blood Pressure Symptoms" and decided to come here instead....I've had this dull headache around my entire forhead, more on the right side, for 4 days! It's not so bad that I have to take meds but its annoying and freaking me out! It almost feels like someone is pressing on the inside of my head and it will actually go away for like 5 seconds once in a while and then come back.
         My mom told me that its probably just because we got some kind of front the other day and its supposed to rain today or tomarrow. She said it should go away once it rains......is that even true? She knows I have anxiety and she would tell a fib to keep me from freaking out.
         I've been going through so many crazy scenarios in my mind for the past 4 days. I've been thinking that I'm severely anemic, that I have high blood pressure, I'm about to have a stroke or that I'm about to have some kind of seizure. But, I've also been telling myself that it might just be a tension headache(which can last for up to a week) or the fact that my wisdom teeth are all really bad(but not hurting).
        I'm just freaking out. Mostly about the possibility of high blood pressure. I went to the doctor a month ago and everything was fine, even though I was really scared and super nervous.
        I honestly don't know what to think right now :-\
        I'm so afraid that it's my blood pressure that I've been afraid to do my regular workouts and that's depressing me.....

Have any of you ever dealt with something like this before?????
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

Living water for your living body ;)
Ultimate Health!
www.H9water.com/fitbodybytina

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline mbenso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Headache that won't go away! 4 days now :-\
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
Cloudy/rainy weather definitely gives me a dull headache, for days or as long as the weather is bad!! I totally agree with your mom!!
Bookmark and Share
“To wish to be well is a part of becoming well.”

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 228
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:42:23 PM »
my son had a headche around his temple area for more than a week from tense neck muscles.  Air pressures etc can give headaches.  Sinus pressure can give headaches.  worrying about a headache can make it last and last.

I'm glad you haven't googled this because then you'd be convinced you had some awful thing because that IS what we do.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Chris.

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:18:35 PM »
I've had headaches in the past that have lasted a week or longer. Incredible, unbearable headaches. At the time I was so sure that a headache that lasted that long and was that bad could only be something terrible. But obviously it wasn't!
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »
I have also had terrible headaches that have lasted for days. In fact I had a headache yesterday and today I still have a dull ache around my head. I worry about blood pressure issues as well but my blood pressure is normal all of the time except at the doctors since I have white coat syndrome. Nothing makes a headache worse and more lasting than stress so try to relax and unwind.
Bookmark and Share
“Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible be found in us."
~Pema Chödrön

The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Mood: Smart
    Smart
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:07:32 PM »
Thank you guys for the replies :) It made me feel so much better. I'm gonna try to just calm down, unwind and see what happens :)
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

Living water for your living body ;)
Ultimate Health!
www.H9water.com/fitbodybytina

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Tags: