Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: when hungry get anxious, lightheaded/dizzy, shaky and change of vision  (Read 15371 times)

Offline levis_123

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
whenever i get hungry or start to get hungry i always tend to get lightheaded, anxious, shaky and at times change odf vision. at times when i eat it goes away specially when i feel a big meal. at times if ieat it takes a while to go away and at times it comes back tight ways. i have gtten a low blood sugar, diabetes, and thyroid test and its all normal. can some relate or have info? thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline jthami03

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Re: when hungry get anxious, lightheaded/dizzy, shaky and change of vision
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »
possible over reaction to the "hunger" response of the body. as hypos, we focus on every bodily sensation, even the noormal ones, so its very possible that when yu get hungry, your brain gets a little anxious, causing an exaggeration of symptoms. once yu eat, your brain knows that's the "cure" for your problem, thus the anxiety fades.

try eating 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day t keep the hunger at bay. I've had the same and this worked for me.

hope ya feel better! =D
Bookmark and Share
"Remember how invincible we used to feel? How crazy and reckless we were?...I want that back."

Offline audreyclaire

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 02:04:32 AM »
Actually I've had this all my life as does my brother and mother. We all change into the devil when we are hungry. I find snacks make it worse and am much better just having three bigger meals a day. I've been checked for diabetes and all that as well.  I think it is mostly a mind thing because since I have been suffering from HA I  haven't noticed it as much. You might be the opposite. Luckily though, since I've been feeling better my evil hungries have come back. It feels good to have my normal problems back in a weird way.

I wouldn't worry about it, if you are hungry just eat. I don't even think it is a symptom of anxiety, but just the way you are.
Bookmark and Share

Offline momtoaprincess

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »
you can have normal sugar levels and still be sensitive to hunger.  The fact is everyone has decreases and rises in sugar levels.  try eating several small meals a day or make sure you have snacks.  i wouldn't worry about it
Bookmark and Share

Offline levis_123

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36:42 AM »
it is really comfusing, i just wonder if it is actually something like a disease as in low blood sugar problems, diabetes or something. also if it is normal part of anxiety. because even before i experienced my first panic attack and then went into anxiety disorder when ever i was hungry i never felt like this. i could last for hours hungry and not get anxious and stuff. but yea
Bookmark and Share

Offline mapshog

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:46:47 AM »
hmm someone else has this, cool! i mean.. not that i wish this to anyone but it's interesting nonetheless.
i don't think it's a disease.. i also feel this shaky panicky anxiety sometimes when hungry and eating solves it quickly. it might be something with low sugar levels but i it never bothered me enough to ask a doctor. it just the way our supersensitive bodies react to hunger.
look on the bright side of this.. eat least we eat normally :)
Bookmark and Share
"But what if I'm right this time?"

Tags: