Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: If your Anxiety is worse with PMS you must read this......  (Read 24244 times)

Offline mbenso

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If your Anxiety is worse with PMS you must read this......
« on: July 11, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »
I've that my anxiety peaks a week before my period and during it. Has anyone else noticed this? Once my period is over things slowly get better. I've been doing research and I found a program that seems interesting (all natural). I think I'm really gonna start to follow the program, maybe it will work for me. Is there anyone else out there who wants to try it out with me, this way we can compare results..... :yes:

PMS A (Anxiety) - Anxiety, tension, paranoia, crying, emotionally labile, mood swings and nervousness.
PMS A – A deficiency of progesterone is the underlying cause of PMS A. Progesterone can be replaced with daily use of the herb Chaste tree (Vitex agnus castus) or by using a compounded natural progesterone cream from ovulation to the first day of bleeding. Breast tenderness, anxiety, sleep disruptions, headaches, and menstrual irregularities such as spotting, infertility or a shortened cycle can improve with these treatments. Chaste tree, in addition to raising progesterone, reduces prolactin and raises dopamine to further assist with the hormonal imbalances of PMS. Indol 3 carbinol and calcium d glucarate are also recommended to assist with related estrogen dominance.
What to do:
Remove alcohol, caffeine, sugar, processed flours and inflammatory fats such as those found in full-fat dairy products, red meats, peanuts, margarines, shortening, and hydrogenated oils from your diet. Limiting salt can also help. Eat a balance of lean protein (organic chicken, turkey, tempeh, nuts, omega-3 eggs), healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, nuts, etc.) and complex carbohydrates (kamut, beans, rye, oats, fruits, vegetables) every three to four hours during the day. This will stabilize blood sugars and avoid undue stress and hormonal imbalance because of skipped meals. Use herbs (e.g. TrueLEAN 3) to promote the flow of bile such as milk thistle, dandelion root, beet leaf, and artichoke. Probiotic supplements like TrueDOPHILUS will establish healthy bacterial balance in your digestive system and support the breakdown and elimination of estrogen. Address constipation (less than one bowel movement per day) quickly. It significantly contributes to toxicity, hormonal imbalance and future risk of disease. For constipation and to help PMS symptoms, have 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds daily for fiber, lignands and phytoestrogens.
Key 2: Take the right supplements daily.
• A high potency multivitamin with breakfast and dinner. This prevents nutrient deficiency, maintains metabolism and improves energy.
• Calcium/magnesium citrate in a 1:1 ratio with vitamin D3. Magnesium helps fluid retention, breast tenderness, anxiety, fatigue and bloating while calcium assists with cramping and other PMS symptoms.
• Vitamin B complex (preferably higher in vitamin B6). This can reduce water retention, breast tenderness, irritability and depression symptoms.
• Essential fatty acids: Fish oil (EPA/DHA) and Evening primrose oil taken daily may reduce breast tenderness, mood changes, weight gain, abdominal pain, and cravings associated with PMS. These fats influence the production of prostaglandins that regulate pain and inflammation in the body as well as aid hormonal balance.
• Mixed vitamin E. Taking a vitamin E supplement containing all the types of vitamin E reduces the production of prostaglandins that contribute to cramps and breast tenderness.
Use exercise, relaxation and sufficient sleep to manage stress.
Improve hormonal balance and stress recuperation by sleeping 7.5 to 9 hours each night, in pitch black. Exercise 20 to 30 minutes at least three times per week to reduce stress and tension and to improve mood. Aerobic exercises such as cycling, walking or running are improve moods and reduce pain. Practice progressive relaxation exercises, meditation, yoga or deep breathing to help stress-related symptoms such as headaches, anxiety or sleeping troubles.
Bookmark and Share
“To wish to be well is a part of becoming well.”

Offline teeps

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: If your Anxiety is worse with PMS you must read this......
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »
i've started keeping a diary so i can tell when my symptoms are worse and the last few months it's exactly 7 days from period that it all starts to act up. i've read this article and have started trying to implement some of the things on this list. but keeping the diary is good because it shows me there is a pattern and i can kinda get ready for it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mbenso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 09:27:29 PM »
That's a smart move...I should do the same.....It's happened twice in a row for me and that's what got me thinking about it....I get anxious, fatigued, emotional (cry sessions) and more.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline diana66

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:38:08 AM »
I notice my anxiety this month peaked about a week before my period starts and continues to escalate now - but in my case, this is after about a 2 month period of low anxiety and stress.

I have a lot of outside stressors this month - which may be part of the puzzle as well.

Thanks for sharing the info.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mbenso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:16:29 PM »
I notice my anxiety this month peaked about a week before my period starts and continues to escalate now - but in my case, this is after about a 2 month period of low anxiety and stress.

I have a lot of outside stressors this month - which may be part of the puzzle as well.

Thanks for sharing the info.

PMS seems to make me more vulnerable to the effects of stress and anxiety.....I've started taking B-Complex vitamins, evening primrose oil tablets and iron tablets, hopefully I'll see a change....:)

Has anyone tried progesterone cream, it's supposed to be a mood enhancer....?
Bookmark and Share

Offline middlenamehypochondria

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:15:55 PM »
PMS makes my anxiety so much worse, to the point that my husband and family notice it.  I become so nervous
about a week before and then by the third day of it I feel a sense of relief.... Now that I know it I try to be more rational.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »
My therapist mentioned progesterone cream, too... would be interested to hear if that helps. My sister loves holy basil, but I've only just started taking it.

And yes, hormones play a huge part in my HA. I'm having a terrible outbreak now and I can tell I'm in for a doozy of a period based on physical symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mbenso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »
Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone.....I too get really anxious about a week before and then a couple days into my period things calm down....Regarding the progesterone cream they seem to sell it only online, this kinda worries me. Why can't we buy it at a pharmacy??
I'm tempted to try it though cuz I've read some really positive things about...

For now I've started taking B-Complex vitamins, evening primrose oil, iron/folic acid (jst cuz I'm trying to get pregnant)......I hope next month will be better!! I don't want to be wasting 2 weeks of each month worrying about illness and disease...Plus I get really emotional and tired and it's embarrassing having cry-fests in front of my husband each month...he just may start thinking I'm a bit kookoo.... ;*)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 08:53:52 PM »
My therapist says you can get the cream at Whole Foods... it's made out of wild yam or something. (Why that contains progesterone, I have no idea.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mbenso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »
My therapist says you can get the cream at Whole Foods... it's made out of wild yam or something. (Why that contains progesterone, I have no idea.)

Hmmm, I don't think we have that here in Canada...And yes, the best progesterone is the one from wild yams...It's better than the synthetic kind....Do you think you will give it a try?? Have you done any online research?
Bookmark and Share

Offline teeps

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 02:34:21 AM »
well i'm in day 17 of my cycle and my anxiety is high today i can't sit still and am very agitated but i know what it is so much easier to control . keeping the diary has helped so much because now i can just look and say i know whats happening  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: