Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I seem to have worse anxiety symptoms when the seasons change...  (Read 2181 times)

Offline middlenamehypochondria

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
It's getting warmer and I am excited because I love being outside.  I have noticed that in April and May my anxiety goes throught the roof. It should be the opposite because I'm not stressed I'm happy.  Why does this happen?  I really hate it.  My mind jumps from one worry to the next.  I wish I could just have a day that was without at least five different worries.  I am a huge animal lover and I have started a program that will helpd dogs and again should feel thrilled.  Instead I'm anxious. Any suggestions on how to stop the worries?  Does anyone else feel like this during the change of seasons?  This also happens around the Holidays.  I love to entertain but instead of enjoying it I get so anxious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline denirig

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: I seem to have worse anxiety symptoms when the seasons change...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »
I have recently come to realize that even though there are positive things happening and that I am excited about. My GAD still will act up as if I were going through a bad stress. I'm realizing that my GAD can be aggravated even during the good times, I think its because my body is still trying to figure out  which is a good stress and which is a bad. Even though  my mind knows that this won't hurt me and that  is good for me my body seems to want to go into flight or fight mode. I do not not let this discourage me because I know that it is just my body getting use to feeling good and not bad all the time. I am getting better and better with each day, it just takes time. I'm sure someone who has been through this thing once or twice will have more information I just thought I would share my take on it. Be blessed
Bookmark and Share
God Bless
denirig

relearning how to live life to the fullest and thanking God all the way:)

Offline GillLFC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 04:37:46 PM »
I get this too. I don't like change much, I'm calmer when I have familiarities and a routine. When the seasons change and also on holidays my routines get disturbed. Sometimes I'm even worse on a weekend because my weekday routine is not there and I'm often at a loose end.

I'll usually just start to get better and more comfortable in myself and the season changes again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cally539

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »
Good stress can make me anxious too! For example, we are planning a trip home, which I'm excited about, but I'm anxious too. I think this is just the nature of anxiety. Both good and bad stress can excite the body and mind. It is getting easier for me as time passes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline middlenamehypochondria

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I'm feeling much better today.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

• Rec's: 32
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
Come into the chat room and meet and greet the other live chatters!

:sign0016:
Bookmark and Share
Psalm 34:4 'He saved me from all that I feared."......

Tags: