Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Throat and oeshophagus pain ? cancer  (Read 17757 times)

Offline kate78

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Throat and oeshophagus pain ? cancer
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:34:41 PM »
Hi, I've been on here a lot and its helped me so much with my ALS fear. i've managed to keep my HA at bay but recently been experiencing pain over adams apple region and pain down to my sternum, thought maybe I had a peptic ulcer but the pain is gnawing and constant, i've had the throat pain for about a month and heard recently of throat cancer symptoms starting this way.  I've resisted googling but this last week have became so scared the fear's takingover again and pains getting worse. Got an appointment with dr on monday but hoped maybe others had experienced similar through anxiety or other less worrying causes. All I can think about is that I have cancer, have had pain in my bones (random places like cheek and toe for about a month) also so convinced the cancers spread.  I've also lost half a stone this month but read you can have weight loss with stomach ulcers. Please if anyone has experienced similar would you let me know I'm ill with worry and its all I can think about. The throat pain isn't like a normal sore throat more like a adams apple pain and when I take a deep breath my chest feels tight like there's a lump below my adams apple (ps I know women don't have an admas apple lol but its in that region)
Bookmark and Share

Offline forestbythesealady

• Rec's: 11
    • Poke This Member
Re: Throat and oeshophagus pain ? cancer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »
I know that my acid reflux can cause me to have similar pain. I also get throat/neck pain when I am feeling stressed out or anxious. The muscles in my neck tighten up like crazy and it feels difficult to swallow or eat...like I'm trying to swallow a baseball. I would think that what you are feeling is from anxiety. The random pains could very easily be anxiety as well.

Bookmark and Share

Offline kate78

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:07:55 PM »
Thanks, its reassuring to know others have had similar problems.  I do feel like I have a peptic ulcer due to pain over sternum and chest discomfort but the pain in my throat doesn't feel like acidy its more like neck pain in the throat region below adams apple, wonder if its muscular, I never looked at the more rational cause must admit I am only thinking the wosrt.  Feel like my throat will close up so convinced myself its a tumour thats spread down my gullet to my stomach. I've got to try and be more rational thankyou for your reply
Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

• Rec's: 32
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
I had acid reflux for years and when it ramped up it felt like some of your symptoms.  I take omerperole each morning now.  Doing fine. Also I had a tooth issue recently and the whole right side of my throat went numb.  There are many other less serious issues that it could be.

:pray: it gets better soon!
Bookmark and Share
Psalm 34:4 'He saved me from all that I feared."......

Offline emma09

• Rec's: 4
  • What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger (:
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
My throat and neck area is terible so tense! but it does sound reflux related i wouldnt wory let us know what the doc says =>
Bookmark and Share
fill your head with niceness and leave the rest :)

Offline kate78

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 04:28:04 PM »
Thanks will see what he says on monday.  The longer I'm sitting here the worse the pain is in my throat and chest and feels like my throat will close up its so tight.  I'm getting so down worrying about the same thing over and over.  Will try and sleep and tomorrow take my mind off dying if possible! thanks for reply's its helped just wish I could believe its not cancer!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emma09

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »
you need to distract ur self chick concentrating on it wil make it worse! go do something! =>
Bookmark and Share

Offline kate78

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »
Thanks, gonna go to bed now and watch a movie to try and forget about it for the night otherwise I'll go insane! Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline kate78

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 09:04:42 AM »
Well I saw my dr yest and now in a worse state of panic! Seeing ENT dr in 2 weeks to get it checked.  Pain is getting worse in lower neck region around adams apple and swallowing feels difficult now feels like things are stuck.  I've resisted googling in case throat cancer comes up but its my biggest fear.  Hoping maybe I have a viral infection but thought if it was viral i would have a sore throat, not pain around adams apple, hoping maybe its stress related but feels so tight i'm not convinced!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »
Hi Kate  :action-smiley-065:.

Your doctor obviously needs to refer you to an ENT to rule everything out.  Try not to panic simply because he or she is doing what they have to do.

I have had more throat/neck/chest pain than you can imagine that has all been muscular and stess related.  I know the feeling you are talking about - I have been there.  I have had the exact type of pains that you describe and it can all be attributed to anxiety.  I have also had esophageal spasms - feels like a full blown heart attack.  I know that you are going to be concerned while you wait for the appointment, but try to talk yourself down... this may very well be stress related!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emma09

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 10:13:52 AM »
could just be a viral infection kate, other wise i tihnk its more reflux related, dont worry your doc is just ruleing everything out you will be fine keep us updated :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: