Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: internal shaking/vibrating...neuro symptoms continue  (Read 25236 times)

Offline icanrelate1

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
internal shaking/vibrating...neuro symptoms continue
« on: November 19, 2009, 06:23:31 PM »
So I continue after one week now to have internal shaking and sometimes visible shaking. I know from other people that this is a symptom of anxiety, but it is one I have NEVER experienced before. It is terrifying me. I keep waiting for it to stop, but it continues each day. I get it in my arm and legs and the internal vibrating is the worse! Especially when I first wake up! I feel like I have some kind of neuro nasty going on and I have never feared the neuro diseases. I have not been to a neuro or anything but I am too terrified to go! The internal shaking feels as if I am shaking a lot, but I can tell much on the outside. But when I put my hand to my leg or arm I can feel it shaking. Please help with any advice you may have. I am really terrified.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline forwells

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: internal shaking/vibrating...neuro symptoms continue
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
Hi icanrelate1

I also got this , relly bad were my whole body would do it . Inside and out

You know what i did and dont think im mad , :dazed: i focused on it , i laughted at it , My two girls use to crack up laughting when i started shaking . They use to put a small box on my hands and what it move , they were amazed by it . By looking at it and accepting it , it will stop and go away . By worrying about it and wishing it will go it will keep giving you grief .

Dont be terrified of it , its only anxiety and it will pass just like your other smyptoms may have .

cheers kev  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Anixety has no power , it lives only by the power we feed it . If we dont feed it it will die .

Offline Matt M

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 06:43:24 PM »
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I have the exact same shaking/vibrating going on that you do and I have had it for about 2 weeks now.  This shaking/vibrating is a new symptom for me...although I have had anxiety and panic attacks in the past.  I went to a neuro becasue of some pain and numbness I had in my arm and leg for the last couple of months and had all the tests run: every blood test, EMG/NCV of my extremities, evoked potentials of all 4 extremities and a brain MRI.  My neuro said the whole time she thought it was nothing and probably anxiety-related, but she did all the tests because she knew how worried and crazy I was about having a neuro problem and she thought ruling all the bad stuff out would make me feel better.  Well, it really didn't.  

Sorry for the long-winded response, but i thought maybe you would feel better knowing someone else has the EXACT same shaking/vibrating (including the shaking when I wake up) that you have and has no neurological problems.  Its just another annoying anxiety symptom.  I am just hanging on waiting for my Zoloft to fully kick in.  Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline icanrelate1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 06:56:12 PM »
Thank you both so much for your quick response! It does help to know that someone else is experiencing the same symptoms as I am. I am just so terrified by this new symptom. The shaking is awful in the morning, or any time I sit quietly to read, watch TV etc. I seem to notice it more. It has been really bad today and I have been on the verge of tears all day long. I wish I could just make it stop! I am debating if I need to see a neuro...I am hoping that the symptoms will subside soon like all my other anxiety symptoms have....

Matt, do you every visibily see your self shake or feel it with your other hand?
Bookmark and Share

Offline allyboo2

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »
I've been having this "shaking/vibrating" too.  I started watching my diet and caffeine intake, how much sleep I got and any changes in meds.  For me, when I cut back on my caffeine, it got much better.  I also notice that when it gets colder, my body shakes more (trying to conserve heat?). 

Exercise helps because it burns off some of that energy and cutting back on the caffeine. 

Hugs.
Bookmark and Share
"Man. I went to the doctor the other day. All this guy did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go to see Dr. Acula." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline eduk8or

• Rec's: 11
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:38:21 PM »
I don't know if you are on an SSRI, but trembling/shaking/vibrating can also be a side-effect of anti-depressants.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lucho

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »
 I have had this internal shaking for about 2 months 24/7 after a period of high anxiety with no panic attack.It is worse at night for me because it wakes me up and scares me. Eventhough my anxiety is better I have not find a solution for the tremors yet. I think every week that passes it gets better a little better but they are not completely gone. I am on zoloft 50mg and naturopathic medicine. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline icanrelate1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 09:52:37 PM »
I am actually on an SSRI. I have been on Celexa for a while now. But I had stopped taking it for like 3 months and just started again this week. I have never had this symptom with it before, but maybe its just trying to get back into my system....I hope that is all that it is!

Lucho. Have you been to the neuro about your symptoms and got a clean bill of health?
Bookmark and Share

Offline lucho

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 10:02:57 PM »
 Hey icanrelate

I have been to 3gp's, psychiatrist, cardiologist, nerologist, naturopathic, acupunturist. Pretty much what they all say is that they know it is a symptom of anxiety but they do not know what causes it. Last week I felt they were completely gone for 3 days exept at night but they came back. Sometimes I feel that my body is vibrating more on my left side, sometimes more like jitters, sometimes more like a rush of adrenalin. Nobody else can see them but I can feel them. I also have minor external tremors that appeared at the same time as the internal ones.

Can you feel them at night?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiouSteve

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 01:15:34 AM »
So I continue after one week now to have internal shaking and sometimes visible shaking. I know from other people that this is a symptom of anxiety, but it is one I have NEVER experienced before.

I feel like I have some kind of neuro nasty going on and I have never feared the neuro diseases. I have not been to a neuro or anything but I am too terrified to go! The internal shaking feels as if I am shaking a lot, but I can tell much on the outside. But when I put my hand to my leg or arm I can feel it shaking. Please help with any advice you may have. I am really terrified.  :traurig001:

How many times did you read about 'neuro nasties' like shaking on this very message board before you contracted them?

I could be way off base here, but sometimes I wonder if HA is contagious  ;D

Still, and irrespective of your answer, this board does much more good than harm.  Even if you had contracted shaking from here, at least you are getting symptoms that are easy to be talked down from.

Sounds like your concern has been addressed by the prior respondents.

Best wishes
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gem

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 06:33:10 AM »
I've had this recently and i get it sometimes when i wake up at night too, all became noticeable after my panic attacks, it's one of the things that has bothered me a few times but good to know it's an anxiety symptom many people experience  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline eduk8or

• Rec's: 11
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 07:00:38 AM »
I have this too and mine is worse in the morning as some of you said.  It usually, but not always goes away by the afternoon.  Like lucho said, mine will go away for a few days and I think it's gone for good, only to return.  Actually lucho, you described my feelings exactly!  I'm trying to figure out if it is caused by my anxiety or from my SSRI because right now I don't feel super anxious (thanks to my SSRI) but I still have the trembling/shaking.  Unlike AnxiousSteve said though, I don't suffer from HA, my anxiety is centered more on OCD type intrusive thoughts/panic, so I don't think I picked up this symptom from reading about it on the boards...
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypo

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 09:16:53 AM »
I had this for about a month in my right arm--it seems to be worse when I was laying down to go to sleep--maybe because there were no other sensations to distract me.  Anyways I was sure it was a seizure due to a brain tumor and what's worse is that I was having head pain in the area of my brain that I estimated would control my right arm so I was really freaking out.  But as it always does this subsided and something else took its place.  It's funny how you can look back and think how silly it was to obsess about whatever symptom you had but I can't seem to get the same perspective on new symptoms!
Bookmark and Share

Offline BruiserBear

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »

I have been to 3gp's, psychiatrist, cardiologist, nerologist, naturopathic, acupunturist. Pretty much what they all say is that they know it is a symptom of anxiety but they do not know what causes it. Last week I felt they were completely gone for 3 days exept at night but they came back. Sometimes I feel that my body is vibrating more on my left side, sometimes more like jitters, sometimes more like a rush of adrenalin. Nobody else can see them but I can feel them. I also have minor external tremors that appeared at the same time as the internal ones.

Bewilderment and fear are the only things keeping your anxiety alive.  The more you examine, question, ponder, worry, and think about these symptoms, the more you're going to experience them.

As soon as you accept them as a symptom of your stress/anxiety level and ignore them, they'll be gone. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline Matt M

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »
Yes, it is internal most of the time but when it gets bad it comes out in both hands, although I find it more siginificant in my left hand. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: