Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Left Leg/ Arm Tingling  (Read 14606 times)

Offline Laoboifresh

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Left Leg/ Arm Tingling
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:54:21 AM »
I had a brain MRI done back in early 08 because of tension headache symptom.The MRI came back Normal.But for the past year 1/2, I have constant Left Leg and Arm tingling.Left Leg feels weak and it aches when walking.I also have sharp shooting pain down the arm and leg sometimes too.I read a lot of people on the forum get the tingling feeling too but there's is a on and off thing.Am I the only one with this everyday feeling of pins and needles on the left side leg/arm?The neuro told me No brain tumor or aneuryusms but now I wonder if the MRI checked fo MS too??
I also have had a echo and ekg stress test for my chest pain from anxiety,Everything Normal!Im tired of worrying all the time.Way too young for this!Somebody Help!Can Anxiety really cause an EVERYDAY left leg/arm tingling!?!? :fragend005: :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Left Leg/ Arm Tingling
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:00:57 AM »
If you had an MRI, it would show up any type abnormality.  MS would show up as white or bright lesions on the brain.

Sometimes I get the tingling and shooting pains.  I do have disk issues so part of that is from my nerve roots at the spine being impinged.

However I also have tingling from anxiety.  Anxiety will do whatever scares you. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »
Sixpack is correct in her assumption. Anxiety can cause what you are feeling, but you
may just have muscle issues. There may be many causes, such as sleeping funny,
the way you are sitting, shoes or clothing you are wearing, etc. The list of benign
causes is endless.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Laoboifresh

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 03:02:55 AM »
Thanks for replying guys!I been real stressed cause of this generalized anxiety.I  have twitches in different parts of the body.I work at a warehouse lifting things up all day,now I have a crazy backpain.I wonder if I have any disk issues? :fragend005:My left back shoulderblade hurts everyday.I don't sit up straight when sitting I always slouch.Left side neck tender , Left leg/arm tingling with sharp shooting pains,I wonder why Everything is on the left?!Everyday sore/dry throat,I see floaters and flashes in my vision.My body just feels so tense.I cant believe anxiety causes all these symptoms,not to sound selfish but Im glad Im not the only one that goes through this.I get relief reading through the forums!  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 07:50:53 AM »
one of the things I had to KNOW in order to recover from health anxiety was that your mind/body can and will produce all kinds of symptoms from anxiety.  I now know and understand that when I get stressed or anxious my body reacts physically.  I'm not worried about diseases anymore.  Oh one day I may well get one, but I am not going to spend my days worrying about aches/pains.  I still get stressed/anxious about things.  That's life and it will happen.  But now since I've learned so much about how anxiety/stress can affect my body, I can almost always see the trigger and/or see that a lot of small annoyances finally tipped the scales are causing a reaction.

Since you have a lifting job, there is no doubt you'll have a lot of muscular aches and pains.  You know that logically, right?! :yes:  The thing is those things are getting you to ruminate.  That increases your anxiety--consciously or subconsciously.  Then the ole mind/body starts getting worked up and  TA-DA physical symptoms. 

Here are some of the things that have happened to me.  It isn't a complete list but it's enough to get you to believe that anxiety can and will cause all kinds of crazy problems. 

*Shocking pain down thigh and left arm--due to herniated disks
*Sciatica pain--due to stress and the disks
*numbing and tingling over various parts of my body--fingers/toes/hands/feet/back/legs/stomach/groin etc
*tense muscles
*cramping muscles---feet/hands/hips/shins
*Twitching/spasms---all over my body.  My right thigh sometimes twitches quite hard--the entire muscle
*vibrating/buzzing limbs
*muscles feel weak/fatigued/heavy
*patches of skin or limbs that feel wet
*burning skin or chilled skin
*vision--jumpy eyes (not eyelid twitching, though I've had that), blurry vision, floaters (which have ZERO to do with MS), sore aching eyes, pain behind eye orbits
*sore aching muscles and joints--name a muscle and a joint and it's hurt me
*headaches---that just won't go with meds
*sharp/shooting/jabbing pains down my arms or legs or stomach or head
*dizziness--sometimes mild; sometimes I've been off balance.  Once it was a 'dizzy day'-I spent most in bed
*head feeling swirly
*jolting awake, trouble sleeping, waking with a panic feeling
*forgetfulness
*trouble saying words--saying the wrong word repeatedly
*face pain--primarily my right side of face--pressure
*TMJ pain
*ear pain
*trouble swallowing
*Stress incontinence--buy hey I've birthed quite a few kids
*very fatigued/tired
*trouble sleeping

I didn't have all of these at once.  Some were one at a time.  Some came in groups.  Some lingered, while some showed up once to scare the pee out of me.  Twitching well, hell, that's practically an old friend now.  Buzzing seems to want to become just as familiar.

I hope this helps you some.  I know for me believing my mind/body could react this way to stress was a big eye opener.  It helped a lot.   

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline NateFL

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »
Wow man, you are explaining my symptoms EXACTLY.  I am musician, playing 5-6 nights a week.  I lift all my gear, including a really heavy PA night in and night out.  Started a HA scare in my mind, and to this day, still see those symptoms pop up.  Strangely enough, only on my left side as well.  I either get the tinglies, a weird feeling, not weak, but kind of tired.  I now really believe that I have some sort of compression going on in the nerves coming from the left side.  I have tennis/golfer's elbow in both arms, yet my left arm's is worse, as that is my fret hand, lots of side to side elbow movement.  Not to mention I also drum, and sit at the computer for hours a day with terrible posture.  I now believe that I injured my shoulder initially, and that caused every symptom to heighten, and also heightened my awareness of how everything felt. 

Man, you cross heavy lifting, with any tiny injury to an area, add a healthy dose of anxiety, and things will go from bad to worse REAL quick. 

The real question you can ask yourself, when you are in the middle of something you love, or are COMPLETELY distracted, do you still feel these symptoms to their full extent, or are they diminished or even possibly gone?  That's my simple indicator to lower my stress, and sometimes that's not enough.  But if you are going to create mental pitfalls that stop you dead in your tracks freaking out about an illness, then you owe it to yourself to create "rest stops" where you take things for what they are, and soak in the beauty of life...

Hope things get better...
Bookmark and Share
<i8b4uUnderground> d-_-b
<BonyNoMore> how u make that inverted b?
<BonyNoMore> wait
<BonyNoMore> never mind

Offline Laoboifresh

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 03:30:32 AM »
I think I injured my shoulder too because everytime I move my left arm there is a clicking/popping noise in my left back shoulder.This has been going on for as long as I can remember.I'm thinking about seeing a chiropractor.
Another symptom I have is I get out of breath very very easily,Going up the stairs or taking a little walk I get out of breath.I feel out of breath even when I dont feel like Im panicking,just from a little activity.Feels like my heart is pumping out my chest when im out of breath.guessing its anxietyy.....
I know hyperthyroid can cause heart racing and very bad anxiety.
My mother had surgery for her hyperthyroid and my uncle takes medication for his thyroid problem.
I had a physical back in 07 and everything was fine but my thyroid was looking a little overactive.Physician gives me a second test whick comes back normal.
December 08 I was still worrying about my thyroid so I went to another pcp for a thyroid blood test.I also took two test with him because the first comes back overactive and second comes back normal.I found on google that the tsh thyroid blood test sometimes can not detect some thyroid problems.Should I still worry?!Im still nervous about it and just cant seem to get out my head that everythings fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: