Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Sore muscles,stomach :(  (Read 9302 times)

Offline Gem

• Rec's: 4
    • Poke This Member
Sore muscles,stomach :(
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:10:12 AM »
Hey guys, sunday night my phone broke and your going to think im crazy but it made me quite stressed cause i started worrying over not having contact with people for a short while and getting a new one etc. Anyway i went to bed feeling anxious, laying on my stomach. I woke up in the morning with all my upper abdominal muscles extremely sore when i stretch or press them. I feel as if i've done a long workout or something.
Usually when im stressed and sleep on my left side for example, i wake up with a sore left arm and thigh because i guess im really stiff and tense through the night?
But this has really freaked me out, its the 2nd day and their still painful so im thinking omg what if its my kidneys or lungs  :dazed: Feeling nauseous now and really fed up  :(
Just when you think things are looking up..
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 181
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sore muscles,stomach :(
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:46:16 AM »
they are looking up, you just had a small setback.  Yes you've already identified why your muscles are hurting---you stressed over your phone then took a short trip to looney land thinking what could happen as a result.  Your brain then happily sent out all the stress hormones.  Your body reacted and gave you sore muscles in your belly area.   So now chick, pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep on going.

PS keep in mind it takes your body a little time to recover from the adrenaline hangover.  And if you are starting worry about it, your will continue to hand out the adrenaline.

I did the same a couple months ago when playing 'dodge that bee'  I had a funfest with a bunch o bees.  The rest of the day I felt completely drained.  Then for two days after I felt the sore, bruise like soreness in my thighs.  I knew the cause and still it took that long to get over.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

Offline Gem

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:52:27 AM »
Now it aches  :( im terrified of pancreatic cancer or appendicitis
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:10:53 AM »
really?????  you don't have either one.  You are overthinking and making it worse.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

Offline Gem

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »
I dont know i feel soo anxious today, its really aching now but also tender when i press on it hard. Im actually terrified and i have no idea where this has come from cause as you know im usually a massive MS worrier but today i can't stop thinking about all kinds of stomach problems.  :(
I have suffered from belly aches the majority of my teenage years BUT its usually 2 weeks before my period. I only had it last week so i know its not that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
Gem it started with the breaking of the phone then you worried about it.  That set off the adrenaline--fight or flight stuff.  You got the hangover from that--which includes the sore muscles stuff (same as what happened with me with the bee game).  Next you let your overthinking BEASTY pick you up for a ride on the darkside.  You started thinking that it can't be just sore muscles from adrenaline issues,  hmmm it has to be something---so up you go on the first hill on the roller coaster ride----and after a good bit of overthinking--the pains are changing a bit to being sore or aching (thank you BEASTY for doing that  :P)---and down you swoop on the first drop on that ride.  Now your mind has captured pancreatic cancer or appendicitis.   

My kids get upset stomaches all the time.  I don't tend to the stomache stuff because I know BEASTY is the cause, so it fails to freak me.  Your BEASTY is playing with you.  Don't let it win.  Try and really believe what is happening here.  Then the pains will go away.  Not instantly---but over the couse of time--maybe a few hours or a few days.....   
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • Rec's: 52
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »
Hi Gem.

Let me say that I totally identify with your panic over losing your phone. I have that thing practically embedded in my hand and I hate going without it.

Second of all... well, I'd say the cause of your stomach pains is VERY, VERY obvious. Lying on your stomach will make your muscles feel like you've had a work out because you basically spent eight hours stretching them (when they may not be stretched on a regular basis). Basically, because our bed is cushy, we sink in some places and don't in others, which causes our muscles to stretch out. In particular, our bum usually sinks in the most, so that's why your upper abs are sore (because they were being stretched out by your bum being at a lower level than your ribs). Make sense? :yes:

And beyond that, now your panic is taking over, like Six said. :yes: It's DEFINITELY not cancer, because you'd be having about a zillion more issues than just sore muscles. I actually don't think sore muscles have anything to do with cancer, to be honest with you. And if it was appendicitis, you'd have gone to the hospital ages ago. Appendicitis is not something you can just "let be." It's like, oh-my-god-doubled-over-in-pain-just-kill-me-now kind of aching.
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline Gem

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »
Thank you so much for replying. The ache only come on this afternoon and the pain is right at the top of my abdomen, i'm wondering if possibly its indigestion? I have been burping a little and i ate cucumber for lunch, both my mum and aunt had to cut out that because it gave them terrible indigestion pains.
Plus i think my anxiety has alot to do with it your right  :yes:
Funny how now all my attention is on this, i have no twitching or weird MS things going on. I went on some websites, through google, bad i know! But basically it said if you have stomach pain for more than 2 weeks to go to the doctor. 2 weeks is quite a while, so hopefully it will pass before then.
I hate it when you go into that absolute panic and can't think rationally, thats why im so grateful we can all come here when we go to the dark place!
I've decided im fairly low risk for the cancers, especially pancreatic because i believe your usually older when that comes on, and your right if i had appendicitis i think it would be clear by now, plus when i press my belly button i dont feel pain. I took a hot bath which relieved the pain shortly and im going to have a small dinner soon. Probably worse to starve myself.
Thanks again
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 03:27:36 PM »
Pancreatic cancer is primarily a disease of people age 60-70 and older.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: