Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: very strange spacey feeling  (Read 38698 times)

Offline Nick

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
very strange spacey feeling
« on: September 05, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »
for the past few months i've been having these wierd spacey feelings and when it happens my eyes feel strange its really hard to explain i was just wondering if this was another symptom of my anxiety or is anyone else has this strange feeling. im not taking meds right now so it is not a side effect of tht.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • Rec's: 55
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
Re: very strange spacey feeling
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
Anxiety can cause all kinds of physical, visual and mental stuff... so yes, any vague and strange feelings like that I would attribute to stress.
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline Nick

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »
yea but i havent really been stressing. yes i know tht anxiety symptoms can stay with u even when ur not having a panic attack but its just really worrying me
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 09:36:56 PM »
I'm sure that it started out as some vague little thing and now you're making it into a big thing... so, please welcome: stress!  :winking0008: More than enough to prolong whatever weird symptoms you're feeling.
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline ElleS

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 10:50:51 PM »
Hey! Check out the article on brain fog in the GAD forum.

I used to get this feeling all the time and I was SURE it meant something terrible. For me, it turned out to be a lack of oxygen thing. I found that I feel most out of it when I'm holding my breath (or taking shallow breaths). I found that focusing on "belly breathing" really helps to get rid of my weird out of it feeling!
Bookmark and Share
So it goes.

Offline Nick

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:08:17 PM »
derealization doesn't seem to be fitting towards what my problem is cuz this strange spacey feeling happens all day long. worse when im driving. its a real uncomfortable feeling and i just dont see how it could be my anxiety doing this. and to add on to my issues i havent been able to remember anything tht i did a few minutes ago my short term memory feels like its gone. but i hate this spacey feeling i cant even handle it anymore its driving me crazy im really worried about a brain tumor or epilepsy ...course i have been for awhile but now im more certain i do have an issue... i want to go back to the doctor but he's just gonna say its my anxiety and send me home.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »
It is common for derealization to be constant. I had it all day, every day for years on end. If you had a brain tumor or epilepsy, you'd have very specific symptoms going on (i.e. seizures) alongside whatever vague things you're feeling. I can say with certainty that you do not have a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nick

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 11:02:44 PM »
just one more thing it comes and goes all day and its for a few seconds at a time but if i shut my eyes for a little bit it clears up for awhile it seems
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bazzle

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »
I get that spacey feeling often.  Sometimes it's when I start talking to someone I work with, or sometimes it's when I first go out on the weekends.  I have had it for long periods (as well as filly dizzy all day). And, I'm not even thinking, or stressing, or worrying about anything.  Sometimes it just happens.  I think it's just our brains that have programmed themselves to react to certain situations.  What ever it is, it is not fun at all.  It's one of me least favorite things about anxiety.  The short times of feeling normal are the best.  All the other times really start taking a toll on you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mankind63

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 06:28:34 PM »
If your'e that worried get a second opinion.I'm starting to see a disturbing trend here to automatically attribute every physical symptom people are describing to anxiety.Let's face it,sometimes there IS something wrong and our anxiety is a catch all to try and explain it away.Like we're trying to mask reality by our unreal anxieties.Unless your'e a doctor and your patient is sitting right there in front of you you simply cannot say with any certainty that what's going on isn't real or due to some other factor.That's misleading and dangerous. :angry-smiley-034:Don't let your anxiety make you any more troubled by what's going on,just get another opinion if your'e that concerned and trust that your'e dealing with someone who can empathise with your situation,and take you seriously.Good luck and don't stress,it doesn't help,just find out what's wrong and then deal with it in a healthy manner.
Bookmark and Share
I'm pretty sure I disagree with whatever it was you just said........
I love christians.....they're DELICIOUS!!!!

Offline Nick

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 07:27:42 PM »
If your'e that worried get a second opinion.I'm starting to see a disturbing trend here to automatically attribute every physical symptom people are describing to anxiety.Let's face it,sometimes there IS something wrong and our anxiety is a catch all to try and explain it away.Like we're trying to mask reality by our unreal anxieties.Unless your'e a doctor and your patient is sitting right there in front of you you simply cannot say with any certainty that what's going on isn't real or due to some other factor.That's misleading and dangerous. :angry-smiley-034:Don't let your anxiety make you any more troubled by what's going on,just get another opinion if your'e that concerned and trust that your'e dealing with someone who can empathise with your situation,and take you seriously.Good luck and don't stress,it doesn't help,just find out what's wrong and then deal with it in a healthy manner.

yes i understand tht not everything we have is anxiety it is not always good to think everything u have is just from anxiety but 99.9% of the stuff we talk about is anxiety so i do believe this is from having anxiety. even if i went to the doctors they would tell me to see a therapist so what does tht tell me. even if i was sick or had another illness i would be told it was all in my head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mankind63

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
Nick,
   Please don't get me wrong,I certainly don't want you to worry about something that's not really there,I was just saying better safe than sorry.That's my baggage and I shouldn't put that on you.I may be new to this forum,but i'm not new to this disorder....trust me it's wreaked havoc in my life as well.I've had everything from HIV to kidney failure to heart attacks...or at least I THOUGHT i did.As usual there was never anything wrong,but I had it checked out because I HAD to.You may be different,so take it for what it's worth.But I stand by my statement about making blanket statements/judgements just because it was right before.At least as far as i'm concerned.It goes without saying,but do what's best for you,and again,good luck.
Bookmark and Share
I'm pretty sure I disagree with whatever it was you just said........
I love christians.....they're DELICIOUS!!!!

Offline etclark08

• Rec's: 1
  • ~Proud Mommy to a wonderful baby boy~
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
Oh yeah!  I have the same problem sometimes.  It's weird how anxiety makes you THINK things are wrong with you, but in reality it's just your mind playing tricks on you.  That's the bad thing about it.
Bookmark and Share
~*Happy Mommy & Wifey*~

Offline Nick

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »
Nick,
   Please don't get me wrong,I certainly don't want you to worry about something that's not really there,I was just saying better safe than sorry.That's my baggage and I shouldn't put that on you.I may be new to this forum,but i'm not new to this disorder....trust me it's wreaked havoc in my life as well.I've had everything from HIV to kidney failure to heart attacks...or at least I THOUGHT i did.As usual there was never anything wrong,but I had it checked out because I HAD to.You may be different,so take it for what it's worth.But I stand by my statement about making blanket statements/judgements just because it was right before.At least as far as i'm concerned.It goes without saying,but do what's best for you,and again,good luck.

no you were correct in saying you shouldn't always say its your anxiety its good that you speak your mind. and to everyone else this doesnt me tht u should start worrying that it may not be anxiety issues you have, cuz it most likely is but if u are really worried see a doctor. you do have a point mankind63
Bookmark and Share

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 10:27:53 PM »
Mankind,

The reason that we do give reasons for such and such being "only anxiety" is BECAUSE we are not doctors. We cannot say what it is or isn't definitively, but we can share how it COULD be anxiety, or how we've had personal experiences with something similar that turned out to be anxiety. I'm sorry that you feel like it is a "disturbing trend," however, that is essentially what the forum is about. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be more constructive to discuss the actual anxiety issues at the root, instead of just figuring stuff out symptom by symptom (because in the long run, that's not what's going to lead you to recovery), but I don't think that will ever change. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: