Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Waves of breaking out in a sweat and nausea. Is this anxiety?  (Read 9791 times)

Offline Unravelry

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Since Mother's day I have these bizarre moments that come out of nowhere. I will feel dizzy, very neauseous and break out in a sweat. lasts for about 5 minutes or so before it goes away.  Can this be anxiety? It is not related to food intake or dehydration, I watch that pretty closely. I have however been super worried that I have cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline luv2chat

• Poke This Member
Re: Waves of breaking out in a sweat and nausea. Is this anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »
Sure does sound like it to me thats how I get with a thousand more things added to it..Cancer is my main fear..If it keeps up though try to nip it in the butt before it gets worse..FELL BETTER :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share
nutty New Yorker

Offline Unravelry

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »
Wow this sucks. It feels like a real medical condition, know what I mean? And of course I keep on thinking:"What if it is????"

I also have heat intolerance. Really crappy in CA at this time of year.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CoolCalmAndCollected

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »
I got this just tonight while attending my son's musical performance at school.  It was a huge room with standing room only in the back, and I was standing.  The back is also elevated, and the air was said to be warmer there.  It had to be 80 degrees.  After a while I felt kind of lightheaded and then suddenly nauseous.

I wondered if I was getting a panic attack but then realized that I had not eaten for about 5 hours and combined with getting over a bad cold and the unusual heat in the room, I was going to possibly faint.

So I got out of the room and found a chair in the cool hallway and I was fine.  Just wanted to let you know that it could possibly be heat making a person feel faint/lightheaded/sick.
Bookmark and Share
"Don't worry about things that will probably never happen." - one of my friends who has plenty to worry about but picks his worries. 

Offline shrublet

• Card-carrying nerd
  • Rec's: 54
  • vine-ripened mystery
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 02:24:26 AM »
It really could be any combination of things... it could easily be attributed to anxiety or a mini-panic attack type thing, or it could be something as simple as not heat, as in Cool's case. You never know what your subconscious is doing, really, so it could be fixating on something and give you random nausea attacks like that.

I get those when I inadvertently think about my panic attack triggers. It's like a wave of sickening nausea, chills and sort of sickly feeling blood. For me, it usually indicates that if I continue with that line of thought, I will have a panic attack.

Have you noticed any patterns? Keep a log if you are really concerned, with what you had eaten/drank previously, what your thoughts were, time of day, what you were doing... ANY possible things that could trigger these events.
Bookmark and Share
"We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." (Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers)

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." (Immanuel Kant)

Offline luv2chat

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:06:48 AM »
Yeah this stinks I got up this morning which are my worst times and broke out in a massive sweat..HATE THIS..Hope your feeling better
Bookmark and Share
nutty New Yorker

Offline secpro

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
Sounds like anxiety. I have the same issues with dizziness (lightheadedness) and nausea. If you suffer from HA, think about how your body responds to all that stress: tense muscles, physical and mental exhaustion, etc. This is enough to cause the dizziness (tight neck and shoulder muscles).

Again, I believe that we all suffer from the same symptoms. I get dizzy, nauseous, extreme muscle pains, shooting pains in my abdomen, and break out in sweats. Yes, I also think that I may have cancer, even after receiving the following treatments/procedures since February

1. Two ER visits -thought I was having a heart attack (sweats, chest pain)
2. Scope of sinuses (nose and throat)
3. CT of sinuses
4. Endoscopy
5. Colonoscopy
6. Blood work (several times) to check liver and pancreas
7. Stress test Echo (heart)
8. Visit to a nueralogist (who told me to calm down and that I was a very health person)
9. Numerous vistis to my GP

After all of these tests, I have found that I have TMJD and non-erosive acid reflux (both non-life threatening issues). Yet every time I get nauseous, I think about cancer, gall bladder, etc. Like many on this site, I am forced to step back, calm myself down, and realize that I am just fine. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 09:30:20 PM »
Anxiety can cause those symptoms. If it persists or gets worse
I would call your physician.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: