Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone have a nervous feeling constantly???  (Read 52370 times)

Offline angela52884

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone have a nervous feeling constantly???
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:27:56 AM »
I just cant explain it, but its like I feel nervous constantly. I cant even tell you what about cause I have no idea! Its like I just have that uneasy feeling. I can have it without actual symptoms also. Last night I had to go to walmart and I felt nervous or had that sense of doom feeling in my head. I would love to go out and be totally relaxed and take my time and enjoy stuff. I just have no idea why I feel this way! It seems like it would be hard to explain to someone because I sometimes dont have any actual panic symptoms but I still just have this uneasy feeling and I have no idea why!!!! I seem to always have it when I wake up! What is wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :traurig001: :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline crystalhanzelka

• Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone have a nervous feeling constantly???
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:38:41 AM »
Sounds exactly like me.  Alway uneasy.  Dont know why.  Do you take any meds?  I dont.  Trying to let myselft heal with therapy.  If you do take meds, which ones and do they help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiously_Yours

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »
  I have everything that you described...all the time even without symptoms.  It's a total uneasy, nervous feeling. For what sometimes, I have no clue.  It's like in the back of my brain I am always anticipating some bad thing happening.  It's very frustrating at time.  I soo know what you are going thru.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline groovy

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hyper
    Hyper
  • "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »
i have experienced the same thing before and so does thousands of anxiety sufferers like you. our body is not perfect and so it will produce some weird sensations from time to time, and these sensations does not have to have an underlying factor. do not analyze these symptoms or sensations as these does not mean anything at all. the more you try to analyze whats causing you to feel nervous, the more you're putting meaning to the sensation, the longer you will feel nervous. i had 24/7 "inner tremor" and head-buzzing that woke me up at the middle of the night. trust me... anxiety could give the most bizarre symptoms you could ever think of. if you could just tell yourself this is not me but its anxiety that causing this and be able to ignore it, you will be fine. easy said than done, but dont give up and thats the key to beating anxiety.

groovy
Bookmark and Share
-groovy-

Offline Kayteecatt

• Rec's: 11
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »
That sense of doom is one of the most common complaints of those with anxiety.  It's that feeling you get when the phone rings at 3:00 in the morning....I would get that over and over again before I started taking the Wellbutrin 6 months ago.  Even after I stopped taking the Wellbutrin those feelings seemed to have disappeared.  I don't know if it was the meds or that I had gotten over that symptom.  I know exactly what you're talking about though, so do most of us here.
Bookmark and Share
Some day the mother ship will arrive and take my HA back to Mars where it belongs.

Offline angela52884

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »
Thanks everyone for the replys!! No I dont take any meds. I was put on celexa a couple years ago but I just didnt like it. I would like to try to cure it on my own. I seem to have periods where I feel ok. Like a year or so ago I went through a period of the same crap, I just felt weird, nervous, and not like myself. It seemed like I was in fear constantly! Then after that period I dont really remember, its like it just went away or something!!! Its weird though cause it seems like if I take a benadryl it makes me feel really calm. This crap has caused problems with me going to school. I have been trying to get through nursing school for 6 years! The 1st school I went to  they kicked me out b/c I got a D in one of the classes. I would miss alot of class because of this feeling, I just feel scared! That or I would be in class and have to take frequesnt bathroom trips or leave the room because of panic. The whole time Im there its like Im acting nervous, moving constantly or shaking my leg. I just can never sit still. For some reason going to classes make me really nervous!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to get through this!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline angela52884

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »
Its really scary to have that feeling and no know why!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline loridor

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »
Oh, yeah.  Classic anxiety sufferer symptoms.  We just can't seem to relax and it shows in our breathing, speech pattern and funny little things our bodies do, twitch, burn, spasm.   Funny, no one I work with  has any idea that I suffer from this as I can present a pretty calm front.  I can control my breathing and the things the body does when anxious.  If I can do that at work you would think I could do it all the time.  So that is where I am at right now, concentrating on the relaxing things, deep breathing, unclenched muscles and jaw etc. and hope they become a  habit.  I think I need to go practice right now since I am sitting here typing with a clenched jaw and teeth.  (-:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Missjay1977

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 01:18:39 PM »
Angela, yes my darling, I feel that way a GREAT MAJORITY of the time.  Usually it's because i'm thinking about what fatal disease I might have or something.  But yeah, i feel that way a lot and its horrifying and terrifying and makes me so tired and IRRITABLE. 

On a sidenote, Loridor, I would like to nominate you for an emmy since you said nobody at your work knows that you are one of us....thats awesome!!!  I, however, am the token hypochondriac at work.  It's ok though, when I go down to the nurses area to deliver schedules and audit sheets they offer to take my temp and check my blood pressure.  Usually it's jokingly but sometimes I do take them up on it.  I've even had 3 free ekg's in the last 4 months at work....ugh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline doni

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 02:29:07 PM »
yes because like many others im sure i am absolutely terrified of dying and losing my loved ones around me, i cant shake off the fear, i really want to!!!!! but it is always on my mind, waitin for cbt and on meds, celexa , 10mg for 3 weeks , some days feel worse than others, today bein one of those days, wonder if i should go along what the doc suggested and take 20mg,good luck in beatin this everyone,pray for all of us to be happy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Missjay1977

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »
hang in there doni, we are here with you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xalatimo

• Rec's: 40
  • Live.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 06:47:46 AM »
i have experienced the same thing before and so does thousands of anxiety sufferers like you. our body is not perfect and so it will produce some weird sensations from time to time, and these sensations does not have to have an underlying factor. do not analyze these symptoms or sensations as these does not mean anything at all. the more you try to analyze whats causing you to feel nervous, the more you're putting meaning to the sensation, the longer you will feel nervous. i had 24/7 "inner tremor" and head-buzzing that woke me up at the middle of the night. trust me... anxiety could give the most bizarre symptoms you could ever think of. if you could just tell yourself this is not me but its anxiety that causing this and be able to ignore it, you will be fine. easy said than done, but dont give up and thats the key to beating anxiety.

groovy

:liebe028:
Bookmark and Share
-X-

Tags: