Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about strange sensations in left foot...  (Read 2339 times)

Offline rl7007

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Worried about strange sensations in left foot...
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:13:01 PM »
I know I'm going through an anxious period and have muscle twitches, random muscle pains, and occasional tingling in toes and fingers, but just yesterday, I noticed something different that has me scared.  When I took of my shoes and walked on the carpet, it felt like there was a piece of paper or tape on the bottom of my left show when I walked.  I looked, and nothing there.  The sensitiviy of the bottom of my foot didn't seem any less to gentle touch, and the feeling was only when I walked.  Then today, while walking up stairs, the top of my left foot felt strange, almost like it was numb, but again, when I touched it, it didn't feel numb....it only felt that way while I was climbing stairs.  Also, the other day, my left ankle felt swollen when I moved it, even though it wasn't swollen.  My low back has been bothering me (and I've had prior surgery to my L4-L5-S1), but have never felt this kind of sensation. 

Has anybody every felt strange sensations like this?  I used to worry about MS and ALS, but since I've had the twitches years ago, it wasn't my greatest concern (though the thought does slip through often), but now I'm also concerned about other things as well such as brain tumor.  I hate these strange sensations!  They preoccupy my thoughts and make me more distant from my wife and children. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline countrygirl

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about strange sensations in left foot...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:26:56 AM »
Sounds like a silly question but have you got new shoes??  Just asking cos I once had new shoes and had all sorts of numbness that wasn'ta cutally numb and strange feelings and it was the shoes!

Otheriwise most of us on here get all sorts of strange sensations from feelings of cold water trickling to insects crawling anywhere on our bodies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuperJew26

• SuperJew82
  • Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about strange sensations in left foot...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
I know what you mean. Mine started with a slight tingle in my calf.... then i was off in my own world for months. I have a wife and a child on the way and I feel horrible for letting these thoughts turn me into a zombie... I have been multiple drs multiple times and they just say... everybody gets these sensations...they say stress or strain or whatever. I asked for a nuero referral and got one today. Maybe if I get the full works done I can find out if i really have something wrong with me... or if i don't I can get back to my life.

rh
Bookmark and Share

Tags: