Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am pretty convinced I am about to have a seizure today  (Read 231 times)

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am pretty convinced I am about to have a seizure today
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:33:41 AM »
I know I have posted this several times on here but I was starting to feel really funny this morning like things were building up and my vision has been going funny all day. But at lunchtime I was walking to meet a friend and all of a sudden a got this weird head feeling come over which I cannot describe it sent my vision cloudy and people seemed distant before it started to fade away within a minute. Bearing in mind I have been having a lot of deja vu feelings recently. I really think I better go and see a neurologist again as I am pretty sure these are simple partial seizures. I have not had this weird head feeling this bad for a few weeks and it is so indescribable I wish I could explain it.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am pretty convinced I am about to have a seizure today
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:41:13 AM »
I think after three months of suffering from this fear you would know if something were really wrong but at this point I think your right. A neurologist is in order at this point as no one here is a qualified expert and cannot offer any reassurance. Hopefully, you'll get the reassurance you're seeking and get a rest from the worry.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:44:37 AM »
as I told you in your last thread.... since you have decided you are having seizures, you should look for a new neuro that will agree with your assessment.   At which point you can be put on seizure meds.     A bonus is that there are a few seizure meds that are used for anxiety issues.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 09:46:30 AM »
I hear what your saying Fishmanpa, but I have already had and EEG and MRI about 6 months ago which came back clear, and I really cannot afford to go back to the neuro again for more tests. problem is simple seizures often go undiagnosed thats the problem here and I am pretty convinced I am having them but no one believe me or understands the symptoms of them that I get. If anyone on this board had frequent deja vu and weird head feelings then they would understand.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »
Sixpack I cannot afford another neuro and I dont want to go on anti seziure meds I just need full proof confirmation I dont have epilepsy or going to have a seizure
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:55:27 AM »
Sixpack I cannot afford another neuro and I dont want to go on anti seziure meds I just need full proof confirmation I dont have epilepsy or going to have a seizure

You already have it but you're not convinced. Really... bite the bullet, beg or borrow the money and go see the neuro again, get another MRI and EEG. If you're convinced, that's the only way to alleviate your fears.

Good luck and positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »

so you didn't really mean it when you said  "I really think I better go and see a neurologist again..."   

well I guess you are in a pretty pickle then.    I am sorry your obsessive worry has gotten you in this place.  It does suck.

BUT jonny there is NOTHING anyone says to you---either here at AZ or any neuro--- that will give you the absolute full proof your anxiety needs.  You know why?  because 1. there is nothing your anxiety will believe and 2. no test can prove a negative 3. that sort of proof just doesn't exist..

at some point you will tire of the seizure obsession OR you will have a seizure and you will be put on seizure meds, because THAT is what people with seizure disorders have to do.  One of the two will happen.   I am betting on the first of those two.  But, meh,  what do I know?

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:04:23 AM »
I do come on here because I get a lot of reassurance hence the reason I am posting about this all the time but every time I get these strange episodes it sends me down this route again. I understand if i do have a seizure I just have to wait for this to happen but surely I would of had a grand mal seizure by now which I am trying to convince myself is the case but so many people have said that you can have these symptoms for years before they go worse seizures
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
I can almost predict when you will post on az about having seizures.  You seem to open a new thread a-b-o-u-t every 10-14 days.   that is how long "reassurance" from the folks here lasts.

Jonny---repeat reassurance just doesn't work. 

quit trying to convince yourself.  go out and live your life.  how do you think I got through my anxiety?  It certainly wasn't when I was googling, seeking endless reassurance, monitoring, self checking.....

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 10:27:16 AM »
I do feel for you. as I said, It sucks when anxiety has you around the throat like that.

If you keep shooting yourself in the foot, the foot can't heal.   Same goes for getting mentally healthy.  If you continue googling, seeking endless reassurance, monitoring, self testing, you cannot heal.  There is no way around it:  Getting better requires doing positive/proactive things LONG term.

if you haven't already, read the links on my profile.

Good luck and be well
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »
I understand you say get on with your life but its easier said than done, because if I knew other people suffered deja vu everyday and these weird head feelings that mimic seizures then I think I would feel a little more reassured.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 11:25:17 AM »
I understand you say get on with your life but its easier said than done, because if I knew other people suffered deja vu everyday and these weird head feelings that mimic seizures then I think I would feel a little more reassured.

Jonny that was spoken like a true health anxious person.   :yes:  You say that like you are the only person who ever had a fear of a disease or thought or felt like you do.

sorry but there is ZERO reassurance that will snap you out of this mindset.  NONE.  you can tell yourself that if people just told  you X, you'd be reassured, but that is a load of poo.  That is one of those anxiety lies we anxious tell ourselves. 

btw I have told you dejavu was common with anxiety.  others have told you all about depersonalization etc.  I even posted that looong list of symptoms.    The trouble is, again, what people tell you will never suffice because your fear has you by the throat.  Your thinking will find ways to negate any reassurance we give you JUST like you did with seeing the neurologist and having tests.  Bottom line:   You will continue  chasing yourself around worrying yourself to bits as long as your coping mechanisms are googling, seeking reassurance and monitoring how you feel.   You might as well scooch on over on the bench and make room for your seizure fear because those symptoms are going to be sitting there right next to you for a good long while.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 12:07:11 PM »
jonny I pm'd you.   

good luck.  hopefully you will be able to work through your fear at some point.  bye  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
Hey sixpack I pmd back hope you got it
Bookmark and Share

Tags: