Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Me again sadly. Dizziness after exercise!  (Read 194 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Me again sadly. Dizziness after exercise!
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:25:08 PM »
Seriously I know you guys must hate me but I have a concern that I felt like I needed to post about. I am really wanting to get back in shape. I want to change my diet, lose weight and exercise on a daily basis. I really think this could help my anxiety plus I'm 27 years old so there is no excuse not to.
Today I pushed my 2 year old 1.66 miles (tracked with an app) on a walk. It was extremely hot (90) and my neighborhood is full of hills. I was exhausted during the walk. Once I made it home my heart was racing, I was dizzy and kinda nauseated. I also got a bad headache (still fight now) I'm also still a little dizzy.
I'm upset because working out tends to cause me great anxiety. I did Zumba once and almost fainted and never went back. So how am I supposed to get in shape not being able to excise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Me again sadly. Dizziness after exercise!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »
Is this the first time you've exercised in a while? Plus, 90 is too hot to try and walk when you're not in shape. I'd have been dizzy and nauseated too. I only PT in the mornings when it's cooler. I don't think there's anything too unusual about your experience.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
After your zumba experience, you associate that bad experience with all your work-outs? Perhaps it's best to build up gradually rather than jump into a 1.5+ mile walk in 90 degree weather.
Start small and work your way up, erasing those fears along the way with positive experiences.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
"So how am I supposed to get in shape not being able to excise."

Simply can't be done BUT one must walk before they run.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »
you really need to scale it back then! when i started exercising, I waited until dusk so it'd be cooler, and i started with walks. Do make sure you have lots of water with you too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bearsfb66

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »
I played football with guys that were dizzy after every practice. I bet your issue is most likely due to temperature, being out of shape, and a hyped up sympathetic nervous system (anxiety related). Take a step back and try walking walking during a time of day that is not extremely hot. Also I am a huge health nut and can tell you diet is 75% of the battle. Exercise only takes you that additional step forward to help in losing weight. Best advice for weight loss is cut out simple carbs (potatoes, fries, rice, bread). I live my life around eating fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. I don't drink pop, alcohol, or juices.

I was 260lbs and lost 80lbs mostly by diet and exercise combo. I also was borderline diabetic and near to being placed on high blood pressure medication. Currently my blood pressure is in the average of 115/62 with a pulse rate of 62. My LDL is also near non-existent and furthest away from being diabetic. Trust me if you want to lose weight it is achievable.  If you need anymore weight loss advice please message me. I help a lot of people lose weight and change their life around.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »
Thank you everyone. Of course I talked to my neighbor tonight who is in great shape and eat nothing but whole foods from her garden and she is going through a lot of medical testing right now because of a dizzy spell after her run last week. She has continued to have bad dizziness on daily basis. This was a HUGE anxiety trigger for me.
Deep down I know I wry much so over did it in the heat and wasnt well hydrated but I'm kinda fearing underlying heart issue or possible brain tumor or something.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
I played football with guys that were dizzy after every practice. I bet your issue is most likely due to temperature, being out of shape, and a hyped up sympathetic nervous system (anxiety related). Take a step back and try walking walking during a time of day that is not extremely hot. Also I am a huge health nut and can tell you diet is 75% of the battle. Exercise only takes you that additional step forward to help in losing weight. Best advice for weight loss is cut out simple carbs (potatoes, fries, rice, bread). I live my life around eating fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. I don't drink pop, alcohol, or juices.

I was 260lbs and lost 80lbs mostly by diet and exercise combo. I also was borderline diabetic and near to being placed on high blood pressure medication. Currently my blood pressure is in the average of 115/62 with a pulse rate of 62. My LDL is also near non-existent and furthest away from being diabetic. Trust me if you want to lose weight it is achievable.  If you need anymore weight loss advice please message me. I help a lot of people lose weight and change their life around.

Thank you for this. I would love help on creating a good diet to follow. I'm almost 5'1 and 130 lbs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
Having lost around 50 lbs in the past 2 years, my diet advice is basically this - if it wasn't available to your great grandparents, don't eat it. 

This eliminates the processed "foods" that are just sugar and chemicals disguised as food.

Eliminate sugar, chemicals and simple carbs.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: