Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My Doctor's appointment  (Read 161 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
My Doctor's appointment
« on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:35 PM »
So I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment today, but they
are changing up their system so my appointment was cancelled and they didn't inform me.
So I went up there and they were like 'sorry--you can call and make another appointment' etc.

Of course I was annoyed. I feel better anxiety wise but I'm still having annoying symptoms
where I don't feel like myself and my limbs feel strange and what not.

BUT I'm taking the fact that my appointment was messed up as a sign that
I don't need to go to the doctor because it's all anxiety.

I hope that's a good conclusion to make.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My Doctor's appointment
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
While I would hesitate to encourage anyone to take something as a sign, but your limbs feeling strange and not feeling like yourself does make me think anxiety over anything else, so it might be good for you to take a week off and see how your anxiety develops, and make an appointment later on if you feel so inclined.
Bookmark and Share

Online cali4niay

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »
I would probably do the same. Give it two weeks and really "let go."

Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
Well I mean I had to wait 2 weeks before I could even have this appointment -- like I scheduled it two weeks in advance.
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 12:19:27 AM »
It figures,  ::)

This happens a lot, I would try the following:

Go to a posting I made on Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome - print it out and circle all the symptoms that you currently have and bring the printout with you on your next doctor visit.  http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,94210.msg525840.html#msg525840

Ask your doctor - if adjusting your current medication Klonopin to a daily basis at bedtime, instead of PRN - would it help relieve the Chronic HVS that you have?

1)  Call them tomorrow when the open their offices and explain the "Cancelled your appointment without a courtesy call" - if you have your doctor reminder card - make sure you make a copy of it.

2)  Explain:  You need the see the Doctor to discuss your current Medications - are not working, and need to speak with doctor about making adjustments to your medication.  That you need to your doctor to diagnose you, if you indeed may have Chronic HVS (most people that have panic attacks and anxiety disorder do have it, including myself!)

3)  Explain:  You "NEED" to see your Doctor!  - ARE THERE ANY CANCELLATION TODAY - THAT YOU CAN FIT ME INTO?"

4)  Keep calling them every morning - first thing in the morning - and ask them if there are any cancellation - give them your number - again you "NEED to see your Doctor!" to discuss your medications and possible Chronic HVS problem".  Keep calling them every morning! This next week and they will quickly get you in!

You will be surprised how quickly you will get in to see them... Also keep mentioning "Medication Adjustments" and possible diagnosis for Chronic HVS.  This will ensure they take you seriously.

Let me know how it goes  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: