Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wellbutrin Effect Time and Supplement Question  (Read 573 times)

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Wellbutrin Effect Time and Supplement Question
« on: September 04, 2014, 01:49:07 PM »
I was wondering, how long does it take Wellbutrin ***** 100mg to take effect. Like how the Prozac takes 4-8 weeks or whatever.

Also, is it OK to take Beta Alinine with my meds that I am currently on (Prozac, Wellbutrin, Propranolol & Xanax [As needed])? I am taking other supplements (Vitamin D, Fish Oil, protein powder, BCAAs, L-Citrulline) and they seem to be tolerated pretty well. I actually just kicked up my Fish Oil amount from 2g to 3g per day.

I'd be taking the Beta Alinine with L-Citrulline in orange juice as a pre-workout drink. I don't take any caffeine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wellbutrin Effect Time and Supplement Question
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »
I was wondering, how long does it take Wellbutrin ***** 100mg to take effect. Like how the Prozac takes 4-8 weeks or whatever.

As with all antidepressants it may take 3-12 weeks to kick-in.

Also, is it OK to take Beta Alinine with my meds that I am currently on (Prozac, Wellbutrin, Propranolol & Xanax [As needed])? I am taking other supplements (Vitamin D, Fish Oil, protein powder, BCAAs, L-Citrulline) and they seem to be tolerated pretty well. I actually just kicked up my Fish Oil amount from 2g to 3g per day.

I'm unaware of any interaction between Beta Alinine with L-Citrulline and your meds.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
I figured. It seems hit or miss...

Is it normal to feel jittery at times? I feel like sometimes my jaw clenches a bit and I'll get facial movements that, as far as I know, aren't seen by others, but I feel it. At times I'll get dizzy and spacey... I am always afraid that I am going to have a seizure, even though I've never had one. I guess I assume that's what it feels like, though.

When I take the Propranolol it makes me sleepy... And the past few times I've taken it after a workout (Even an hour or more after) I get light-headed.

Tonight for the wedding (Ugh) I'll take a half of a Xanax instead. I don't even want to go, but it is for my family. It's weird, because at times I'll feel absolutely fine, like I can go back to the fire department and go out and see friends and whatnot, and other times I just come crashing down out of nowhere and feel like I want to be isolated and I get the anxiety symptoms. This morning I took my meds a bit late because something came up and I actually had a pretty severe flare up of symptoms, but I was able to get through it by myself... Which is good, I guess. But that moment of sheer panick came over me.

Rambling, sorry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
It's weird, because at times I'll feel absolutely fine, like I can go back to the fire department and go out and see friends and whatnot, and other times I just come crashing down out of nowhere and feel like I want to be isolated and I get the anxiety symptoms.

It is still early days. A roller-coaster effect as the antidepressants begin to kick-in is quite common, and usually a good sign.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »
At the wedding now. Took a half of a .25mg of Xanax an hour ago, so it is keeping me leveled.

A drink or two would kill me? :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:59:06 PM »
Well my psych said one or two is ok. I'll take it slow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
A drink or two would kill me? :/

Probably not. What kills with the alcohol-BZD combo is asphyxiation when asleep or unconscious as both depress the breathing reflex. You shouldn't come to any harm while awake, but I suggest you don't take any more Xanax.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »
Oh, absolutely not. I brought one .25mg just in case, but I'd only take that if I had no alcohol.

Of course they water down the drinks. I'm on my third mixed drink in an 3 hours. Eating, drinking water too. I feel alright. And I'll be awake for awhile. I just don't plan on getting obliterated. Maybe a buzz and sustain it, but I know when I get really drunk on these meds I have a terrible hangover for days. Totally not worth it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 12:17:31 AM »
Still pacing. I've had more than two or three but they are weak. I feel fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »
Hi poppadr3w-  I am on Wellbutrin XL + Lexapro and I do feel jittery on some days.  It is unpleasant but to me it feels less like anxiety and more like too much coffee. When I feel like that, it's better if I have something like work to distract me or else I do start to focus on it. But I am only 4 weeks into adding in Wellbutrin so I feel there are still more start up effects to go through.

How did the wedding go? I will share with you that I have made the mistake of drinking too much while taking Klonopin. It's not that I ever do it intentionally but we all can get into social situations where everyone is drinking a lot and before I know it, I have had way too much.  If I mix alcohol and Klonopin, I lose my motor skills, get the hiccups, maybe blackout and generally make a complete ass out of myself.  (Yes that all happened once years ago, thank goodness someone helped me home! Totally embarrassing).  So just be very careful mixing Xanax with alcohol.  Currently if I am going into a social situation where I feel uncomfortable I make a conscious decision to take a Klonopin and no alcohol or no Klonopin and it's okay to have a few drinks. But not both, too risky for me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: