Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I probably don't have cancer...right?  (Read 242 times)

Offline MysteryCat

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I probably don't have cancer...right?
« on: September 04, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
As I mentioned yesterday,  I had an ent appointment,  and he was a really nice, funny guy who didn't mean to freak me out but he did. I've been having left side pressure and pain I'm my head and neck for a couple of years. I also have post nasal drip almost all of the time on that side. It's been on and off for the most part but I can almost always feel some pressure. I had a brain and sinus scan that were normal early in the summer. Recently my vision on that side has been worse (bad to begin with but it's changed), and that eye waters a lot. I had a comprehensive optometrist exam and he said my eyes were healthy, despite a worse prescription. Anyway, yesterday he said everything he could see looked fine but that he wanted to get a temporal CT to be sure "there's nothin' eating me away". He meant to be relaxed and gentle about it but I am so scared. I have to wait a week for the scan to even be scheduled because of insurance. 
Bookmark and Share
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I probably don't have cancer...right?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
You definitely are not likely to have cancer.  He's just being careful to make sure he's not missing anything. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »
Aww man. That sucks. I hate when they are trying to be friendly and say something like that to diffuse a situation and it just makes everything worse. I'm sure you'll be fine and he meant nothing by it.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline ProBMG

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 05:33:45 PM »
1 in a 1,000,000 chance.. ;) No need to worry..
Bookmark and Share

Offline MysteryCat

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:37:08 PM »
Thanks guys, I hope that nothing comes of this. I just am in a position where I am so anxious that I cannot focus on school, and I can't even eat. I literally have eaten like 400 calories a day for the past week. I try, but nothing sounds good and I get nauseous just thinking about food.
Bookmark and Share
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Tags: