Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: horrible intrusive thoughts why won they go ?  (Read 91 times)

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
horrible intrusive thoughts why won they go ?
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:00:47 AM »
hi im 14 and im a boy, i have horrible thoughts about harming me and my family and having thoughts that i dont care if i get testicular cancer and other cancers, the same with my family, im a roman catholic so i believe in god and i want to ask god for forgiveness, i have already tried to pray but im not sure if that enough.
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: horrible intrusive thoughts why won they go ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:33:16 AM »
Hi  :action-smiley-065:

IME:  The only method for eliminating OCD Intrusive thoughts permanently is with use of FDA approved OCD medication.  If these intrusive thoughts get worst and occur more often, have your parents take you to a psychiatrist - they know exactly what medications can help with this problem.

I have tried all the CBT, mental strategies to control or ignore Intrusive thoughts, but they didn't go away for about 2 years, until my Psychiatrist increased my SSRI - Prozac from 20 mg to 40 mg.  And I couldn't believe, just like that...one day they all went away...never to return...  :yes:

Because of you are still very young, is this something you can bring up with your doctor and your parents?  These thoughts are really not coming from the "real you" - as I found out ... it is just a simple chemical imbalance in the brain that causes these weird and ugly intrusive thoughts... 

Remember, it is not your fault, and you have no reason to feel ashamed or guilty!  :yes:

And keep up your prayers, God hears you!  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: