Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Symptoms in full force. Seriously, what is wrong with me???  (Read 150 times)

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Symptoms in full force. Seriously, what is wrong with me???
« on: September 04, 2014, 01:22:12 AM »
Today has been terrible. This off balance, on a boat dizziness is at an all time worst today. I have been dealing with it since February and it's never been this bad... My dr thinks it's sinus and ear related and my anxiety makes it worse but this is getting ridiculous. I feel like I'm on really choppy water right now and my legs feel like I'm walking on a dock. I'm so tired and frustrated right now. I usually manage to stay pretty upbeat and try to be positive but I'm so tired of feeling so off all the time :-( I had a neurologist appt last week and he claimed I have M้ni่re's but me and my dr both disagree as I don't fit the symptoms at all. So now I'm waiting on an appointment with an ent to see what they think.

Here's a run down of my symptoms

Bobbing, swaying, on a boat feeling
Really tight calf muscles and tired heavy feeling in legs
When I look at things in the distance it looks like they are moving
Headaches
Neck and shoulder tension
My neck crunches cracks and pops a lot
Always feel tired even tho I sleep well

I can't stand it anymore. Nothing seems to help and the symptoms are getting worse. What do I do?? Sorry to complain but I feel like I'm failing at trying to win the battle. I'm exhausted and tired of trying. I hate stress and anxiety  :(

Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Symptoms in full force. Seriously, what is wrong with me???
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:32:08 AM »
You have to learn to let go, to give up control. It's difficult and a process, but that's the only way to curb the symptoms.

I've had every one of ur symptoms and it was always due to my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »
I'm really trying to let it go and not let it get to me but today I just feel like I'm failing. It's nice to know I'm not alone in the symptoms, I really just wish they'd go and give me a little break! Thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know I'm not alone
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 02:12:53 AM »
Today has been terrible. This off balance, on a boat dizziness is at an all time worst today. I have been dealing with it since February and it's never been this bad... My dr thinks it's sinus and ear related and my anxiety makes it worse but this is getting ridiculous.

You just may have a simple Inner-Ear problem called “VESTIBULAR DISORDER”.  Which I had for a while, the biggest sign was recurring sinus infections for me ... ::)

A quick test you can do - and let your doctor know if it helped - if it helps, then an Inner-Ear would appear to be the likely cause.

Here what I did... go to your drug store (Walgreens...CVS.....Etc...) And buy an OTC product called Bonine.  Bonine is motion sickness one a day tablet.  And try it for a few days to a week and see if you can feel a difference.

IME:  Bonine caused the least drowsiness of all the motion sickness pills I have taken.  You may want to start with 1/2 tab at first, - like all antihistamines the biggest side effect is occasional drowsiness.

Bonine (Meclizine) - Meclizine hydrochloride is an antihistamine with special properties in blocking motion receptors.  It also improved my anxiety problems.

IME: I used Meclizine (for over 5 years, after trying many others types of motion sickness meds…)  that can be purchased at  Walmart or Walgreens, I have actually used this medication back in the late 1980’s for over five years (before using any ADs or BZDs) to significantly reduce my panic attacks and anxiety, dizziness and spatial disorientation, and helpful in minimizing depersonalization/ derealization sensations – especially when driving on very busy freeways or eating at public restaurants (which triggered many panic attacks for me!)

If you try it... let us know... if it worked for you  :action-smiley-065:

I have attached the original post below for more information on "Inner-Ear - VESTIBULAR DISORDER”.
 http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,91788.msg511964.html#msg511964

Another member made a post back in 2008 - regarding this exact same issue...
"Inner Ear and Panic Attacks:"
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,9510.msg57069.html#msg57069
Paul_H – 2008 article on Meclizine and anxiety.

=====================================================================================

I would like to open up a discussion on the possibility that these symptoms may be related to an Inner-Ear problem called “VESTIBULAR DISORDER”.

I am not talking about, Panic Disorder, or OCD which I found can only be controlled by ADs and  BZD.

But, some of the other conditions such as: Social Anxiety, depersonalization/derealization, and spatial disorientation and constant dizziness and imbalance, hearing changes and vision disturbances – including a significant reduction in anxiety and the severity of panic attacks  (but not elimination for me – it finally took Prozac and BZDs (which I am currently on...)  to finally and completely eliminate Panic Attacks and control my OCD :yes:).

Can motion sickness medication actually prove to be an additional valuable tool to help certain people, without the need of ADs or BZDs?  Especially, for those who do not want to or afraid of taking an ADs or BZDs?

My story:  Based up a book I read -“Phobia Free: Medical Breakthrough Linking 90% of all Phobias and Panic Attack to a Hidden Physical Problem, Harold Levinson, M.D.”  it includes a list of the medications in the book and potential side effects,

I used Meclizine (for over 5 years, after trying many others types of motion sickness meds…)  that can be purchased at  Walmart or Walgreens, I have actually used this medication back in the late 1980’s for over five years (before using any ADs or BZDs) to significantly reduce my panic attacks and anxiety, dizziness and spatial disorientation, and helpful in minimizing depersonalization/ derealization sensations – especially when driving on very busy freeways or eating at public restaurants (which triggered many panic attacks for me!)

Starting out with the basics of what is an Inner-Ear Disorder (Vestibular Disorder):

According to the VEDA - Vestibular Disorders Association

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A VESTIBULAR DISORDER?

The vestibular system includes the parts of the inner ear and brain that help control balance and eye movements. If the system is damaged by disease, aging, or injury, vestibular disorders can result, and are often associated with one or more of these symptoms, among others:

•   Vertigo and dizziness
•   Imbalance and spatial disorientation
•   Vision disturbance
•   Hearing changes
•   Cognitive and/or psychological changes
•   Other symptoms

Not all symptoms will be experienced by every person with an inner ear disorder, and other symptoms are possible. An inner ear disorder may be present even in the absence of obvious or severe symptoms. It is important to note that most of these individual symptoms can also be caused by other unrelated conditions.

The type and severity of symptoms can vary considerably, and be frightening and difficult to describe. People affected by certain symptoms of vestibular disorders may be perceived as inattentive, lazy, overly anxious, or seeking attention. They may have trouble reading or doing simple arithmetic. Functioning in the workplace, going to school, performing routine daily tasks, or just getting out of bed in the morning may be difficult for some people.

VERTIGO AND DIZZINESS
•   Spinning or whirling sensation; an illusion of movement of self or the world (vertigo)
•   Lightheaded, floating, or rocking sensation (dizziness)
•   Sensation of being heavily weighted or pulled in one direction

BALANCE AND SPATIAL ORIENTATION
•   Imbalance, stumbling, difficulty walking straight or turning a corner
•   Clumsiness or difficulty with coordination
•   Difficulty maintaining straight posture; tendency to look downward to confirm the location of the ground
•   Head may be held in a tilted position
•   Tendency to touch or hold onto something when standing, or to touch or hold the head while seated
•   Sensitivity to changes in walking surfaces or footwear
•   Muscle and joint pain (due to struggling with balance)
•   Difficulty finding stability in crowds or in large open spaces

VISION
•   Trouble focusing or tracking objects with the eyes; objects or words on a page seem to jump, bounce, float, or blur or may appear doubled
•   Discomfort from busy visual environments such as traffic, crowds, stores, and patterns
•   Sensitivity to light, glare, and moving or flickering lights; fluorescent lights may be especially troublesome
•   Sensitivity to certain types of computer monitors and digital televisions
•   Tendency to focus on nearby objects; increased discomfort when focusing at a distance
•   Increased night blindness; difficulty walking in the dark
•   Poor depth perception
Visit the Neuro-Optometric Association's website for more information about balance and the illusions of eye movement.

HEARING CHANGES
•   Hearing loss; distorted or fluctuating hearing
•   Tinnitus (ringing, roaring, buzzing, whooshing, or other noises in the ear)
•   Sensitivity to loud noises or environments
•   Sudden loud sounds may increase symptoms of vertigo, dizziness, or imbalance

COGNITIVE
•   Difficulty concentrating and paying attention; easily distracted
•   Forgetfulness and short-term memory lapses
•   Confusion, disorientation, difficulty comprehending directions or instructions
•   Difficulty following speakers in conversations, meetings, etc., especially when there is background noise or movement
•   Mental and/or physical fatigue out of proportion to activity

PSYCHOLOGICAL
•   Loss of self-reliance, self-confidence, self-esteem
•   Anxiety, panic, social isolation
•   Depression

OTHER
•   Nausea or vomiting
•   "Hangover" or "seasick" feeling in the head
•   Motion sickness
•   Sensation of fullness in the ears
•   Headaches
•   Slurred speech
•   Sensitivity to pressure or temperature changes and wind currents
•   Pain, pressure, or other symptoms with certain dietary changes (e.g., high sodium)

Please feel free to share your experience and/or questions, so we can all learn together  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: