Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Leukemia thoughts and symptoms coming back :(  (Read 104 times)

Offline ElizabethA103

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Leukemia thoughts and symptoms coming back :(
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »
I had thoughts before thinking I had leukemia, it lasted months and I cried on a daily basis along with feelings helpless and scared. I didn't wanna die randomly :( It all started with a girl on Youtube (Talia) who passed away last year to leukemia and she made me wonder… what is cancer? what are the symptoms? (I'm 14) I looked and started regretting the CT scan I got and the useless amount of x rays saying they can lead to cancer if you get them young because the body is still developing. Anyways, I noticed when I frequently started waking up sweating (night and day) I also sweat in the car a lot but I live in a desert so I guess I have a reason there. After that, during gym class I saw i have 7 bruises which is strange for a person who isn't active or doesn't really fall. I started to check for any fevers or lymph node swelling… normal I guess. I don't sense any swelling or pain with the lymph nodes on my neck. To make things worse, It's so sad seeing my old friend go through it, It makes me want to cry (God Bless him) I'm seriously frightened about not knowing I had it and I'm on the edge of death. I hope I don't have it but these thoughts are insane and I can't talk to anyone about them. Help please.
Bookmark and Share

Offline icedreams

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Leukemia thoughts and symptoms coming back :(
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:13:37 PM »
Hi. :) Well, the first thing I want to say is that I know how you feel, and I'm sorry you're going through this right now. It sounds to me like you have severe anxiety. The fact that it all started when Talia passed away is no coincidence. When you read symptoms online, they become rooted in your mind -- and are then manifested in your body. What I'm basically saying is that whatever you read about, you start to imagine you have. These symptoms are products of your mind -- not products of cancer. Sweating is a very common in people with anxiety -- and even in those without it. I wake up sweating from time to time. And as for the bruises -- I find them as well, in weird places for no apparent reason at all. It's usually just as simple as bumping the corner of a wall or door.

Don't worry -- you're not on the edge of death. You're okay and you need to start telling yourself that -- even if you don't believe it. You're in control of your mind, so replace all the negative thoughts with positive ones. And if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me. :) Good luck, and I hope you feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: