Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OMG please help me!!  (Read 249 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
OMG please help me!!
« on: September 03, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
I posted here a couple months ago about persist acne around my mouth (on the sides) this is typical during my period but clears up very soon after. This acne has not cleared in months. In fact in certsin it's getting worse. I went to google ONLY to search possible treatment and I found this...

"Acne can be a result of a secreting tumor located in her adrenal gland or an ovary. It is vital that women experiencing these signs and symptoms see a doctor. Testing can find the cause and allow the doctor to determine the best treatment. The acne will not clear until the medical condition is treated"

The other symptoms were irregular cycles (don't have) facial hair (don't have) and hair thinning (my hair falls out after a shower but it's still very thick)

I'm a wreck. I'm sick to my stomach after reading this new onset if acne could be a tumor. I can't escape this cancer fear. How am I supposed to overcome this C phobia when I'm constantly presenting symptoms of so many cancers?

I have also had weight gain which could be a hormonal issue too! I'm so stressed right now. I think I'm on the verge of a complete breakdown!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Justsmilealready

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: OMG please help me!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:00:54 PM »
Do you use an inhaler? My daughter does and steroids cause this rash.  We used apple cider vinegar twice a day to get it to go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 05:05:39 PM »
Lindsay, please calm down girl, you are okay!

Acne comes in phases, like always. Things trigger things - like your period, stress (especially stress) and even some of the products you could be using! You do not have a secret tumour that is contributing to your acne.
Please do not research this any more, I promise you that nothing good is going to come from it and it will only terrify you even further!

Everybody's hair falls out in the shower (especially for girls like us that have long & thick hair), everybody loses hundreds of strands a hair each day - and that's completely normal.

You can overcome the C phobia, I promise! I know you're strong and that you can do this! You're subconsciously looking for small things to obsessive about that could possibly lead you back to the C phobia! I'm promising you that your acne has nothing to do with C! What kind of face washes, creams, toners are you using? I can also recommend some really great exfoliators and even some really amazing prescription wipes that help a lot!

You're okay Lindsay, I know you can beat this  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:05:59 PM »
If you pull over any random person on the street, and give them a list of cancer symptoms, they'll almost certainly have a few.  Most cancer symptoms aren't specific.  Hormone imbalances are really common and happen for a lot of reasons, or no reason. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »
I am attaching a super embarrassing "selfie" I removed my makeup to show what in suffering with. I recall it starting after our trip to Florida in July when I used sunscreen on my face daily.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »
Oh no I have the majority of the adrenal glade tumor symptoms. This isn't good guys.

Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
Oh no I have the majority of the adrenal glade tumor symptoms. This isn't good guys.

Lindsay, stop stop stop researching! You are okay! It's a phase of some hormonal acne and there are things you can do to combat it. You do not have a tumour or cancer!
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 05:54:45 PM »
Lindsay, you're one of the nicest people I've met on this forum, and I don't want to be mean to you, but have you not yet realized what this googling is doing to you??  Remember your last cancer scares that turned out to be nothing but ruled your life?  You don't have to go through that again!  Sit on your hands if you have to, but stay off the internet.  It's going to drive you crazy and will do literally nothing to help you. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 05:57:20 PM »
Ruh-roh. I still get some acne and since I have PCOS, I have irregular cycles and hair thinning as well.

Crap! Now I have a tumor.

Just kiddinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. You're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 06:27:24 PM »
If acne and pimples meant tumors we would cease to exist as a species ;)

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
Thank you for the responses. I am so embarrassed I share the picture of the acne. I has just removed my makeup from that area so my skin seems to appear more red. I can hide it well with make up but right now I have those 2 large cyst type bumps that are extremely swollen and painful.

Molly I totally agree with you googling is bad but I swear this time was meant to be innocent.  I was looking for over the counter treatment and boom read that scary stuff and it sent me over the edge and then I of course had to google the adrenal symptoms. I'm stil nervous as I don't know why I am having this acne issue. Up until 2 months ago I had beautiful skin with our even washing my face daily. So this is defiantly abnormal for me. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »
I hate when google does that!  I've had that happen before.  "Huh, this is an annoying thing, let me google and see how to get rid of it - oh good, I'm dying."

I know that things being different is TERRIFYING for people with our issues, but usually they don't mean anything sinister.  Maybe I'm not worried by this because my hormones never know what the heck they want to do on any given day, but this sounds like just one of those annoying things. 

Make sure your skin is clean and moisturized - I know that seems counterintuitive, but if you don't stay moisturized you produce a ton more oil in an attempt to balance it out, which causes breakouts.  You could talk to your gyn about hormones, or more likely a derm about acne control, but the odds of it being anything more than a cosmetic problem are very low.
Bookmark and Share

Online LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »
Lindsay

you do not have adrenal tumors, but I do (bilateral non-functioning adrenal enlargement). I never had acne.  BTW adrenal cancer is very, very rare.  Most people, like me, had no clue that they had them, and were found by accident through a diagnostic test for something else.  In my case, an ultrasound, because the doctors thought I had gallbladder disease.  I would have preferred to have had my gallbladder out---LOL

This began my travel down HA path. You see, I have always taken care of people, and I have felt very vulnerable since.
Am I scared---you bet.

I then had to have an MRI, and go through 2 different hormone test. 

I have to have an MRI every year to check on their size.

My right one is bigger than the left. 

I probably have had enlarged adrenal gland for years, based on the fact that I get sick and it takes me a lot longer to recover. (symptom of adrenal enlargement)

I can't have steroids except if it is a life threatening event.

BTW--10-20% of the population has them---but you are not one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps

Lisa
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 10:27:42 PM »
Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement. I am really trying to think rational here but it's very difficult for me.
Besides the anxiety it is causing I am extremely embarrassed because of this acne issue. I'm even embarrassed for my husband to see me with out are up. I just wish I knew what was causing this issue. I Lao have a few bumps on my scalp. I think I might try a diet change. Maybe cut dairy and start drinking a lot of water.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything