Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OMG please help me!!  (Read 420 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 56
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: OMG please help me!!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »
I hate when google does that!  I've had that happen before.  "Huh, this is an annoying thing, let me google and see how to get rid of it - oh good, I'm dying."

I know that things being different is TERRIFYING for people with our issues, but usually they don't mean anything sinister.  Maybe I'm not worried by this because my hormones never know what the heck they want to do on any given day, but this sounds like just one of those annoying things. 

Make sure your skin is clean and moisturized - I know that seems counterintuitive, but if you don't stay moisturized you produce a ton more oil in an attempt to balance it out, which causes breakouts.  You could talk to your gyn about hormones, or more likely a derm about acne control, but the odds of it being anything more than a cosmetic problem are very low.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »
Lindsay

you do not have adrenal tumors, but I do (bilateral non-functioning adrenal enlargement). I never had acne.  BTW adrenal cancer is very, very rare.  Most people, like me, had no clue that they had them, and were found by accident through a diagnostic test for something else.  In my case, an ultrasound, because the doctors thought I had gallbladder disease.  I would have preferred to have had my gallbladder out---LOL

This began my travel down HA path. You see, I have always taken care of people, and I have felt very vulnerable since.
Am I scared---you bet.

I then had to have an MRI, and go through 2 different hormone test. 

I have to have an MRI every year to check on their size.

My right one is bigger than the left. 

I probably have had enlarged adrenal gland for years, based on the fact that I get sick and it takes me a lot longer to recover. (symptom of adrenal enlargement)

I can't have steroids except if it is a life threatening event.

BTW--10-20% of the population has them---but you are not one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps

Lisa
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 10:27:42 PM »
Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement. I am really trying to think rational here but it's very difficult for me.
Besides the anxiety it is causing I am extremely embarrassed because of this acne issue. I'm even embarrassed for my husband to see me with out are up. I just wish I knew what was causing this issue. I Lao have a few bumps on my scalp. I think I might try a diet change. Maybe cut dairy and start drinking a lot of water.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: