Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Gallbladder polyps - wall thickening - worried  (Read 115 times)

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gallbladder polyps - wall thickening - worried
« on: September 03, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »
Hi all - back in May I had a ultrasound of my gallbladder and they found a polyp that is 5.9mm
I was advised to get a yearly check to monitor them. Back in May I never had HA and accepted it - oh I wish I could be like that now!

I recently got a print out from my surgery for my last 6 months tests etc (for something else) which included the sonographers report to which I couldn't help but read. On the report it says "5.9mm echogenic polyp with a slightly thickened wall in this region" The thickened wall part has really scared me, isn't this a maker of GB cancer or some disease?
Has anyone else had a ultrasound with similar findings?

Thanks very much  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gallbladder polyps - wall thickening - worried
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »
I have polyps on my uterus and from my understanding (by my doctor) polyps are generally 99.999999% benign! They will generally never cause you any pain or problems whatsoever. They only become a concern if they grow abnormally large because then they could be interfering with other things going on in your body so that's when the doctor will opt to have it removed. 5.9mm isn't big so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about at all.

I think what they mean by thickened wall, is just the wall of the polyp. You definitely don't have GB cancer or anything similar. If anything was wrong down there they would have noticed  ::)
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 2
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 05:18:35 PM »
Thickened wall could be just from localized inflammation. Your docs don't seem concerned, which is the most important part.
They examine the entire picture than just fragments, something we with HA seem to run with.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 04:00:30 PM »
Thanks guys! I never knew how rare GB cancer is, would be pretty rare and unlikely at my age.
As you said i am sure if they were concerned they would of contacted me... when i read stuff sometimes i just jump to conclusions and immediately think the worse! really bad habit that's been getting me into all sorts of stress lately. At the moment i am in a better place and not worrying about anything and i really hope it continues!!!  :bigsmile: x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: